ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Increasing Delivery Lengths
-
john gould
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 17:02
- Gender: Male
Increasing Delivery Lengths
after reading what you poor lot have to put up with i'll never complain again. and I am being serious.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Increasing Delivery Lengths
Eastie with respect do you even know what's going on in the company? You do realise RM are considering buying sorting machines that will sort all mail into sequence and possibly into bundles so that when we arrive at the DO all we will have to do is sort packets into pouches then either bundle mail up from boxes and load the vans or possibly just load trays of mail direct into vans? This is where 6hrs delivery comes from - the company are talking about this work method with the CWU.eastie wrote:Where do you get 6 hours from?? it takes 3 hours 30 mins to sort our mail before we go out so its only an additional 3 hours 35 mins hours delivering time before we drive back to the office and cut off taking off 40 mins meal relief and 10 mins pouching off time. Who the hell does 6 hours delivery ??
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Increasing Delivery Lengths
Several of our Duties are already at 5 1/2 Hrs Delivery (and that's with the normal sorting situation). With those duties I refuse to do any IPs or Lapsing, and if I don't fancy the overtime I'll leave about 1 1/2 hours on the frame (with the DOMs knowledge).
I'll wait and see how this Single Wave situation pans out. I can only see it being a Bloody Clusterfuck!
I'm resigned to just doing any Royal Mail work that they choose to throw at me.....within my Duty Hours. Be it Households, Competitors Crap Mail, Bloody Snack Boxes, Little Crappy Chinese Parcels or Bloody Great Parcels (like Kitchen Bins & Laundry Baskets) that are ordered by these E-Bay addicted idiots. Bring it on Royal Mail I'm beyond caring!
I'll wait and see how this Single Wave situation pans out. I can only see it being a Bloody Clusterfuck!
I'm resigned to just doing any Royal Mail work that they choose to throw at me.....within my Duty Hours. Be it Households, Competitors Crap Mail, Bloody Snack Boxes, Little Crappy Chinese Parcels or Bloody Great Parcels (like Kitchen Bins & Laundry Baskets) that are ordered by these E-Bay addicted idiots. Bring it on Royal Mail I'm beyond caring!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Increasing Delivery Lengths
where would this business be without all the afore mentioned???
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Increasing Delivery Lengths
both in mc,s and delivery might I add.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Increasing Delivery Lengths
The days of us delivering actual "Letters" is long gone. That's why I've resigned myself to just delivering crap....It pays the bills. Every now and then it's a pleasure to actually deliver some kids handful of handwritten Birthday cards (and have them waiting at the door). Everytime someone complains about me delivering rubbish to them I just say, "Have you tried writing a letter to anyone recently? You might be surprised when they write back"!
We could get a TV show with Gormless Has Been Celebrities writing letters to the friends & family. Being rewarded for those that received the most replies with a Cake that's been baked on another TV show!
Or alternatively Royal Mail could invest in a few prime time adverts, they used to advertise in the past. 
Probably not enough PROFIT in it for them to be bothered about.
We could get a TV show with Gormless Has Been Celebrities writing letters to the friends & family. Being rewarded for those that received the most replies with a Cake that's been baked on another TV show!
Probably not enough PROFIT in it for them to be bothered about.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Increasing Delivery Lengths
☺☺Dorset Plodder wrote:The days of us delivering actual "Letters" is long gone. That's why I've resigned myself to just delivering crap....It pays the bills. Every now and then it's a pleasure to actually deliver some kids handful of handwritten Birthday cards (and have them waiting at the door). Everytime someone complains about me delivering rubbish to them I just say, "Have you tried writing a letter to anyone recently? You might be surprised when they write back"!![]()
We could get a TV show with Gormless Has Been Celebrities writing letters to the friends & family. Being rewarded for those that received the most replies with a Cake that's been baked on another TV show!Or alternatively Royal Mail could invest in a few prime time adverts, they used to advertise in the past.
Probably not enough PROFIT in it for them to be bothered about.