ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ill Health Retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
blondieb
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 16:03
Gender: Female

Ill Health Retirement

Post by blondieb »

Is all of the I'll health payment tax free
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Ill Health Retirement

Post by k979aaa »

blondieb wrote:Is all of the I'll health payment tax free
Depends on your earnings same with any shares.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6702
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by RobertT »

As far as I'm aware IHR with lump sum is tax free but the PILON is taxable.

If you're given IHR you can either keep or sell your free shares without any tax or NI to pay.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here