ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Six hour deliveries

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Bob Anastasiades
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Jan 2016, 20:04
Gender: Male

Six hour delieries

Post by Bob Anastasiades »

Here`s the post that I wrote have a read it explains things better

I have been a postie now for 3 months and am on a split round between me and another postie my round on average depending on packets takes about 3 hours and the other part takes 4 hours depending on packet , I go from start to finish without a break . That's fine at the moment but the other postie is being moved onto collections cos he`s struggling to meet the times and I have been told I will be doing both rounds , just my half of the round fills a hct to the brim which will mean going back to the depot to get the other half of the round when I`ve finished the first half with a 20 min there and back to start again , they are telling it can be done but knowing full well it can`t be. I`m on a 20 hour contract split over 4 days , so 5 hours a day they want to put me on 3 days , 7 hour day which is fine but I also have to throw the frame which will take at least 2 hours leaving 5 hours delivery time which it isn`t hard to work out that it`s an impossible task, but they reckon it can be done , any suggestions
Bob Anastasiades
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Jan 2016, 20:04
Gender: Male

Six hour delieries

Post by Bob Anastasiades »

zola4ever wrote:How is that going to work ? It's a 7.48 hours working day. So with your prep ,load van, travel to and from first call, and meal breaks how are you meant to do a six hour delivery ?
This is total crap imho . The only way around it is to do away with meal breaks, then that would free up 40 mins extra delivery . :roll:
this explains things better it`s a post I wrote about whats happened


have been a postie now for 3 months and am on a split round between me and another postie my round on average depending on packets takes about 3 hours and the other part takes 4 hours depending on packet , I go from start to finish without a break . That's fine at the moment but the other postie is being moved onto collections cos he`s struggling to meet the times and I have been told I will be doing both rounds , just my half of the round fills a hct to the brim which will mean going back to the depot to get the other half of the round when I`ve finished the first half with a 20 min there and back to start again , they are telling it can be done but knowing full well it can`t be. I`m on a 20 hour contract split over 4 days , so 5 hours a day they want to put me on 3 days , 7 hour day which is fine but I also have to throw the frame which will take at least 2 hours leaving 5 hours delivery time which it isn`t hard to work out that it`s an impossible task, but they reckon it can be done , any suggestions
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Six hour delieries

Post by steve1873 »

Bob Anastasiades wrote:
zola4ever wrote:How is that going to work ? It's a 7.48 hours working day. So with your prep ,load van, travel to and from first call, and meal breaks how are you meant to do a six hour delivery ?
This is total crap imho . The only way around it is to do away with meal breaks, then that would free up 40 mins extra delivery . :roll:
this explains things better it`s a post I wrote about whats happened


have been a postie now for 3 months and am on a split round between me and another postie my round on average depending on packets takes about 3 hours and the other part takes 4 hours depending on packet , I go from start to finish without a break . That's fine at the moment but the other postie is being moved onto collections cos he`s struggling to meet the times and I have been told I will be doing both rounds , just my half of the round fills a hct to the brim which will mean going back to the depot to get the other half of the round when I`ve finished the first half with a 20 min there and back to start again , they are telling it can be done but knowing full well it can`t be. I`m on a 20 hour contract split over 4 days , so 5 hours a day they want to put me on 3 days , 7 hour day which is fine but I also have to throw the frame which will take at least 2 hours leaving 5 hours delivery time which it isn`t hard to work out that it`s an impossible task, but they reckon it can be done , any suggestions
Hi Bob, perhaps start a thread in "Blue Shirts" forum which gets more traffic and you will receive some advice. The only piece of advice I can give you, is take your full meal relief entitlement. Not doing so is actively taking money out of your own pocket and placing it back in to Royal Mail's bank account. Given they made around £400million profit last year (I think), I get the feeling it would be better in your pocket.
leelatic
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 May 2007, 20:55

Six hour delieries

Post by leelatic »

Creditshampoo wrote:
taurus88 wrote:Six-hour deliveries remain a Royal Mail wet dream, rather than a tangible reality, at the present moment. There are so many products that cannot be incorporated into the workload without requiring actual prep that we remain a long way away from anything approaching a six-hour delivery, no matter how much RM would love for us to spend our whole shift pounding the streets.
You say this but it works in Europe. And as a result of 6 hour outdoor time less apparently went sick :Boo hoo!
How many of these European countries deliver to peoples door and walk down paths,a lot of these countries deliver to boxes situated next to the garden gate.That is a loss less walking than we do.