I've got a few who get packets every single day. I can only assume they run a business from home or something like that. But yes, I've had their neighbours say they don't want to take parcels, and quite right too, as you say.Postie45 wrote:This is all down to pressure from managers to get tracked delivered and RMs refusal to implement time for their "deliver to neighbour" strategy, which they have said doesnt take any extra time. Mix that in with the usual runners and corner cutters who are the biggest culprits of this (ironically the kind of posties who are the managers favourites for getting usually failing walks completed)We have seen an increased number of complaints relating to doorstepping. This is when postmen and women leave parcels on the property, without either putting them through a letterbox or handing them to the occupier. It includes parcels being left in sheds, kennels and even bins.
it has also become obvious with the increasing amount of packages particular customers are now getting that neighbours no longer want to take them in. It was fine when they used to get 1 package every couple of weeks, but theres some customers who get packets most days and arent in, I am now being told by neighbours that they dont want to take their packages anymore as its become too much of a burden. I dont blame them at all !
I actually used to ALWAYS go to neighbours with parcels. But I stopped for a few reasons 1) it was taking far too long (yes I know runner blah blah blah) 2) the neighbours usually weren't in anyway and 3) as said above, people often don't want to take parcels for their neighbours. If you lived on a street like the one I do you wouldn't want your neighbours touching your parcels anyway
It would be handy if RM would offer alternatives to having the postie deliver a parcel. Like just keeping it in the office for the person to collect should they wish. And perhaps offering the sale of safe parcel boxes. I've come across one house that has a relatively large box on their wall, it's unlocked when you get there but you pop the parcel in, twist the latch, and it's locked, so the recipients can open it with their key when they get home.