would be very interested what went on this week if someone who was there is willing to tellfishtank wrote:How many times does the guy have to tell you guys it isn't about tax credits ffs?
Too many keyboard warriors on this site more interested in making cheap political points than actually debating the issues that affect us as postal workers, it's a shite state of affairs, the site is in danger of disappearing up its own arse with the general lack of help support and information given out (certain peeps excepted).
Anybody interested in what went on this week?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
Look no one should be pressured to work over their contacted hour's you don't need a reason just tell them you cannot work over your time. If they use threats of not renewing your contract make a note of it with any witness's and firmly tell them you have commitment's that you cannot cancel at a moment's notice.
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
You are not obliged to do overtime, end of. It doesn't matter whether your on a 20hr temp contract or a f/t employee. As somebody menioned regarding flexibility, in my opinion and after working in a lot of offices, staff are made to work to their time, if they are back early, the put together d2d for the next day on which walks need them.
But the times when they need people to work over, especially on heavy days - the flexibility card is played, most of the staff I know will quite happily tell their lino to politely sod off and they will return at the correct time, the staff are honest and tell the managers that they will be running over and may need to take a loop off, that is when they play the flexibility card and the arguments start "Why should I be flexible when I got back ten mins early after taking lapsing and then you still made me stay back and do door to doors?"
Fair point I think!
But the times when they need people to work over, especially on heavy days - the flexibility card is played, most of the staff I know will quite happily tell their lino to politely sod off and they will return at the correct time, the staff are honest and tell the managers that they will be running over and may need to take a loop off, that is when they play the flexibility card and the arguments start "Why should I be flexible when I got back ten mins early after taking lapsing and then you still made me stay back and do door to doors?"
Fair point I think!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Threatened by Lino because I can't do overtime
yeah no excuses if youre on a FT perm contract, the temporary people prob have to be realistic and show some willingness to go the extra mile if they want to be taken on permanently. Not saying its right, but thats just the way it is.