ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can an International Special Fail?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Can an International Special Fail?

Post by Mezza »

Mikky wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:Once an item has been scanned as a Special and allocated to a duty by the rle then if it isn't done by 1pm it will show up as a failure on the system.
No mate.
motherhubbard wrote:some were scanned at 12.59 but the customer was in the shower and didn't come down to sign until 13.02.
Then it would show as being actioned at 12.59 since the time is taken on the scan not on completion.
Should probably check your information.

I think you'll find if you were to go on Track and Trace that the item would show as signed for at 13.02 as it's the 'Done' action that then triggers a sent/unsent item.
Otherwise you could scan an SD item before even leaving the office and actually deliver it at say 13.45 and it would be ok - IT ISN'T.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Can an International Special Fail?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I did a test today - I scanned a recorded at 1020 but didn't get to the address till 1045. I knocked etc, no one was in so I clicked not delivered no answer. Its shows on track and trace as 1049. So it does appear that the time of completion is the time stamp used.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.