ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

BSi

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

BSi

Post by k979aaa »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Each duty will have a different rate each day - obviously. However, when the planners/managers organise a revision they should select a Base call rate (ours is 83%) for the whole office, and then an average attendance rate for each duty.

Call rate - No interaction with residents.
Attendance Rate = Knocks on Doors for any reason.
Planners/managers are one in the same but the both gain if they can manipulate those figures as they gain a bonus which is pensionable every year they will try this on by lapsing which is an enabler or by shuffling staff around the office so hour's can be saved less full time job's.
psyCrowe
Posts: 57
Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
Gender: Male

BSi

Post by psyCrowe »

How do I find out my call rate, and my attendance rate? My duty is too big. Had the arguments plenty of times to no avail. Numbers don't lie, if I keep a record of the traffic sheet each day, count how many doors I'm hitting each day, and keep it all in a file or document to see if my duty is indeed too big, then surely managers will have no choice but to "fix" (IE, take something off) my duty?

The constant daily argument of not wanting to extend grinds you down.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

BSi

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

psyCrowe wrote:How do I find out my call rate, and my attendance rate? My duty is too big. Had the arguments plenty of times to no avail. Numbers don't lie, if I keep a record of the traffic sheet each day, count how many doors I'm hitting each day, and keep it all in a file or document to see if my duty is indeed too big, then surely managers will have no choice but to "fix" (IE, take something off) my duty?

The constant daily argument of not wanting to extend grinds you down.

Ask the rep, or friendly manager what the office call rate and attendance rate was set at during the revision.

On your own call rate basically, count the empty slots and subtract the figure from your total number of address points.

On the attendance rate - count how many parcels, letters, tracked, special deliveries you have where you need to hand it over to the resident and that is your attendance rate.

If your attendance and call rate on a particular day are higher than the planned ones in the revision then you'll be going over.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
psyCrowe
Posts: 57
Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
Gender: Male

BSi

Post by psyCrowe »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
psyCrowe wrote:How do I find out my call rate, and my attendance rate? My duty is too big. Had the arguments plenty of times to no avail. Numbers don't lie, if I keep a record of the traffic sheet each day, count how many doors I'm hitting each day, and keep it all in a file or document to see if my duty is indeed too big, then surely managers will have no choice but to "fix" (IE, take something off) my duty?

The constant daily argument of not wanting to extend grinds you down.

Ask the rep, or friendly manager what the office call rate and attendance rate was set at during the revision.

On your own call rate basically, count the empty slots and subtract the figure from your total number of address points.

On the attendance rate - count how many parcels, letters, tracked, special deliveries you have where you need to hand it over to the resident and that is your attendance rate.

If your attendance and call rate on a particular day are higher than the planned ones in the revision then you'll be going over.
Excellent, thanks for the help. I don't mind about clearing and extending, but its when they take it for granted, and expect it of you.