ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Employee Survey 2016

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
elteleltel
Posts: 120
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
Gender: Male
Location: Hertfordshire

Employee Survey 2016

Post by elteleltel »

About half of my office said we wanted to take them home ,angry manager finally agreed but not happy .A small victory :)
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32809
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Setting time aside for completion helps with colleague engagement

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2016/0 ... e-survey-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Completing your annual Employee Survey is a great way to tell us what matters to you.

This year, units in Edinburgh have worked together to help colleagues feel engaged with the survey.

A separate area is allocated for colleagues to complete their surveys and where possible refreshments are provided.

William Graham, a postman from South East Edinburgh delivery office, which has a 96 per cent response rate so far for 2016, said he appreciated the time allocated.

‘Doing the survey while it’s quiet in the morning is good. I think completing the survey works in our favour because you can mention any problems anonymously that you might not feel comfortable raising otherwise,’ he said.

Top tips for completing your survey

Reflect on the year

Check myroyalmail.com (and that 'orrible postie site )for the year’s news stories

Think about changes and improvements locally and nationally

Tell us what areas are most important to you and share your ideas

The Employee Survey is open until Friday 18 March. It is run by independent research company Ipsos MORI and all responses are completely confidential.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by Surreypostie »

‘Doing the survey while it’s quiet in the morning is good. I think completing the survey works in our favour because you can mention any problems anonymously that you might not feel comfortable raising otherwise,’ he said.

Huh? Quiet in the morning? Organised bloody chaos. It is never quiet, if you stop to do this, you cut off your delivery. I was given mine, had to sign to say I was given it, told to fill it in and return and sign again to say I had returned it. I took it home, filled it in in my own time and put it in a letter box. I dare say I will get a bollocking for not giving it back to be steamed open and read by the DOM.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3732
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by yellowbelly »

chrismid259 wrote:When did the survey start. Haven't heard anything in the office I work at yet. No mention whatsoever!
Me neither as of today............
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Employee Survey 2016

Post by DGP1 »

yellowbelly wrote:
chrismid259 wrote:When did the survey start. Haven't heard anything in the office I work at yet. No mention whatsoever!
Me neither as of today............
Don't worry, they've probably been filled in for you............let's you have more time for lapsing :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
ryedale64
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Jul 2013, 19:09
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by ryedale64 »

employee survey what a load of tripe.
multimini
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 16:39
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by multimini »

if a manager asks for the survey to be completed at work immediately sounds suspicious to me!! one has the option to take it home hence the pre paid envelope!!!!!
postm@np@t
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 Jun 2012, 09:49
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by postm@np@t »

Our surveys were sent out to our office by our manager in an individual big envelope with our names written on them. The envelopes contained the survey but no reply paid envelope. A letter accompanying them stated that the surveys were not to be taken home and that even if we did not wish to take part, the blank forms must be returned to him in the big envelope with our name on it.
Now call me suspicious but surely this stinks. I suspect that he wants to either vet them or fill them out himself with nothing but glowing praise for himself with a 100% return record.
I am not going to fill one in now on principal until I am provided with the return envelope.
pink panther
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 151
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 14:15
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by pink panther »

Didn't fill mine in and won't be doing so until they actually do something about previous issues raised. It's a farce even how the questions are worded and the small section at the back for comments.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Employee Survey 2016

Post by DGP1 »

postm@np@t wrote:Our surveys were sent out to our office by our manager in an individual big envelope with our names written on them. The envelopes contained the survey but no reply paid envelope. A letter accompanying them stated that the surveys were not to be taken home and that even if we did not wish to take part, the blank forms must be returned to him in the big envelope with our name on it.
Now call me suspicious but surely this stinks. I suspect that he wants to either vet them or fill them out himself with nothing but glowing praise for himself with a 100% return record.
I am not going to fill one in now on principal until I am provided with the return envelope.
Report it to Moyas office, as has been posted above they should have just given you the form and you can fill it in at your leisure and return it.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DX
Posts: 72
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 18:56
Gender: Male

Employee Survey 2016

Post by DX »

If your on leave do you get to to do it when you get back? Or has dead line past.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Employee Survey 2016

Post by k979aaa »

postm@np@t wrote:Our surveys were sent out to our office by our manager in an individual big envelope with our names written on them. The envelopes contained the survey but no reply paid envelope. A letter accompanying them stated that the surveys were not to be taken home and that even if we did not wish to take part, the blank forms must be returned to him in the big envelope with our name on it.
Now call me suspicious but surely this stinks. I suspect that he wants to either vet them or fill them out himself with nothing but glowing praise for himself with a 100% return record.
I am not going to fill one in now on principal until I am provided with the return envelope.
So he is committing fraud and embellishing himself and tamping with the mail sack the bastard but it will not happen as they are allowed to make mistakes while we are not! Talk about double standards but this is royalmail we are talking about. :cuppa