ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stiffing mail....advise please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Stiffing mail....advise please

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

We have one in our office , used to put it in the collection bag till we caught on and sorted through the bag pulling out the relevant letters.

She swore blind that it wasn't her till we started piling it up on her frame , she still does it but now just puts it back in the ips frame , yesterday along with live mail.

Can't for the life of me work out how she still works for Royal Mail
vigilante
Posts: 1155
Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
Gender: Male
Location: dangerously close

Stiffing mail....advise please

Post by vigilante »

I've only known it as 'squiffing' the mail.
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Stiffing mail....advise please

Post by Chewster »

Known this to happen a lot, but everyone I've known to do it will always go with it the next day. Problem that will never be solved unless you get managers coming out on delivery with everyone which is obviously an impossibility. I like to cut corners, not gonna lie, but I never willfully delay mail, you never know if it's something people are waiting for (even if it is obviously junk). Only times I've not gone to addresses is if it has been a genuine missort, and if it's something that looks particularly important then I'll often take it to them on my way home
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Stiffing mail....advise please

Post by Destiny »

I'm on a rural float, one of them takes it home picks it up next morning on his way. Unless he's on collection then I get the honour, either hidden around his frame or back on ips end of his day.
Can be annoying but not my problem, still finish on my time without getting him the boot, that's upto him or them.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Stiffing mail....advise please

Post by NewPostieUK »

Why do people 'sneak it back into the IPS'? One person I know who does it blatantly carried it back over to his frame and leaves it there.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Stiffing mail....advise please

Post by Anonymouse »

My day off cover is terrible for it.
I had one as a genuine missort before my day off. It was addressed wrong so i wrote the correct address on it and put it in the frame for the next day. Had to laugh when it was there for me coming back. I thought since i'd obviously amended the address he'd deliver it but nope, brought it back :crazy:
I haven't mentioned it to him but my partner has. He doesn't seem to bother even though she notices him doing it.