https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne ... s-meeting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
A Lossiemouth woman’s campaign to spare the town’s Royal Mail delivery office from closure has been backed by more than 1,500 residents.
Fran Mitchell is pressing firm bosses to reverse a decision to relocate the High Street collection point to Elgin, as it will leave residents facing a 12-mile round trip to pick up items.
Yesterday, Ms Mitchell revealed that petition papers she had circulated around town centre businesses had attracted more than 1,000 signatures in 10 days, and said an online campaign has been backed by 530 people.
She implored Royal Mail top brass to visit Moray to listen to residents’ concerns firsthand.
Ms Mitchell said: “I’m aware that I’m a small fish in a big pond when it comes to going up against Royal Mail, but I’ll go down fighting if I have to.
“I’m prepared to do anything I can to save the delivery office, and I want Royal Mail management to attend a public meeting in Lossiemouth to learn just how unhappy people are about this.”
Royal Mail claims it is not physically possible to continue the delivery office in Lossiemouth.
A spokesman said: “We are aware of the views of the local community on the decision to relocate the Lossiemouth delivery office.
“Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a collection point for customers in their local post office due to restrictions on space and no other option is available to us.
“The current delivery office is not fit for purpose for our people or our customers, who currently pick up undelivered items from a hatch on an outside wall.”
The firm stressed that it offers a free redelivery service, six days a week to the customers’ address or another address in the same postcode, which means residents will not have to personally travel to Elgin to collect items.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
One woman's campaign to save Royal Mail office now backed by 1,500 people
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
One woman's campaign to save Royal Mail office now backed by 1,500 people
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
One woman’s campaign to save Royal Mail office now backed by 1,500 people
We've had all this at our office in Sheffield but they're still moving us to the city centre!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
One woman’s campaign to save Royal Mail office now backed by 1,500 people
"She implored Royal Mail top brass to visit Moray to listen to residents’ concerns firsthand".
Moya in Moray

Moya in Moray