yellowbelly wrote:Only know about the Employee Survey because of this forum, no WTLL briefing about it (or rather no actual WTLL for past two months -
not that I'm majorly concerned about that) and not had any info about when we're going to see our Surveys to fill in......
Just slightly off topic - how often is WTLL supposed to take place and how long is it supposed to last? Assuming this is carried out in 'paid working time' there must
be a significant number of locations where WTLL is neglected/forgotten and the time (presumably built into working time) is used for 'normal' work - therefore the workers
in those locations are being 'done over'?
YB
30 minutes per week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
A very busy Friday and Dom's number 2 ( yes a right s**t) tells us we have 10 mins to do EOS at our frames!! Just one big Fecking joke. Asked to take home as is our right but was point blank refused. Manager quote " I don't care about any agreements " regards doing it at home. Sum's RM up really.
adamanti wrote:A very busy Friday and Dom's number 2 ( yes a right s**t) tells us we have 10 mins to do EOS at our frames!! Just one big Fecking joke. Asked to take home as is our right but was point blank refused. Manager quote " I don't care about any agreements " regards doing it at home. Sum's RM up really.
I hope you spent that 10 minutes sat at your frame with a cuppa refusing to fill it in.
I gave my DOM a choice.
1. I fill it in the comfort of my home
2. It finds it's way into the office shredder
Yep our Dom was keen for us to fill it in,even bribed us with biscuits,I told him when they sort the issues I raised on the last one I would fill this one in,under the bullshit,you said we listened dribble.i despair with this company after 35 years can't wait to go
bustedflush wrote:We were forced to fill it in today in waste-time-lounging. I pointed out it wasn't mandatory. DIM collared me on way out to round "Did you fill yours in?"
"Yes!" I replied.
"Well there's 3 missing, we had everyone's name who was in there."
"A few may have taken them home" I said.
He then asked a few and one admitted he'd taken it home to do later. DIM wasn't happy as there's nothing to say he won't chuck it in the bin at home.
(which he will.)
Then I saw him and the lino rummaging in the bins outside and in the canteen, unravelling paper to check none had been chucked!
Apparently they still had 2 unaccounted for.
There must be some serious sh*t going on to make the DIMs that obsessed that everybody should fill it in.
I asked them why they were obsessed with 100% completion.
His reply?
Very sensible approach to ours..... We had a choice 1) Fill it in at WTLL..... 2) Take it home .... 3)Write "No Thanks" on the nominal roll. If you took it home you could either post it yourself or bring it back. All the DOM wanted was to make sure everyone had done something with it and your name was ticked of! Now why so much crap concerning this BS in so many DOs?
Well a bit of common sense from Management , wonders will never cease! P.S I was a "No Thanks"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
adamanti wrote:A very busy Friday and Dom's number 2 ( yes a right s**t) tells us we have 10 mins to do EOS at our frames!! Just one big Fecking joke. Asked to take home as is our right but was point blank refused. Manager quote " I don't care about any agreements " regards doing it at home. Sum's RM up really.
And the rep?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
We don't even have wtll sessions, haven't had any for over a yr since they weren't planned into the last revision. Think the dom saw it as half an hr each employee he had extra on his budget!
adamanti wrote:A very busy Friday and Dom's number 2 ( yes a right s**t) tells us we have 10 mins to do EOS at our frames!! Just one big Fecking joke. Asked to take home as is our right but was point blank refused. Manager quote " I don't care about any agreements " regards doing it at home. Sum's RM up really.
They would strongly discourage you from taking the survey home. They are worried that if they allowed you to do that, then other staff would do the same and the survey would not get completed. They don't give a monkeys what you put down, as long as you have filled one in. So 90% of you think that these surveys are a total waste of time and that most Royal Mail managers who are still working have pretty much retired on the job. So whats new??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.