ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Prol ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

A PROLIFIC offender from Bideford has appeared in court after assaulting a postman with a half-peeled satsuma and spitting in his face.

Kathleen Faye Towns, 29, of Marlands Terrace, appeared before North Devon Magistrates' Court on Friday.

Towns pleaded guilty to assaulting the postman as well as assaulting staff members of New Look in Bideford. The incidents took place on May 23 last year.

Lyndsey Baker, for the prosecution, told the court that the postman was delivering mail when the incident took place.

She said: "He felt something strike the back of his head, it was a half-peeled satsuma. The female also caused spittle to land on his face."

The court heard that Towns was "confrontational" towards staff members at New Look in Bideford the same day.

Mrs Baker said Towns was raising her middle finger and was "threatening and unpleasant in her manner".

Nigel Tresaden, for the defence, said his client was having a "psychotic episode" at the time.

He said: "Now she is more stable she is remorseful for what had happened."

Towns was given a six month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £25 compensation to the postman.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by DB1100 »

I would have put her on her arse.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Trolleyed
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by Trolleyed »

Lol DB, I agree. She should be made to get her mail from the post office. Could collect it when she gets her dole money. And also, 29?? Jeez, I thought I looked old :wink:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by fishtank »

DB1100 wrote:I would have put her on her arse.
Rightly or wrongly if you had you would probably be next up in front of the judge and possibly lost your job along with it so I'm guessing you probably wouldn't have.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by DB1100 »

fishtank wrote:
DB1100 wrote:I would have put her on her arse.
Rightly or wrongly if you had you would probably be next up in front of the judge and possibly lost your job along with it so I'm guessing you probably wouldn't have.
You have a right to defend yourself,not even Royal mail can change that,a simple push would have done the job.
For we were soldiers once,and young
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by fishtank »

Pushing someone over who threw a half peeled satsuma at you is unlikely to pass the test of self defence in law, it would much more likely to be seen as petty retaliation, especially if she's a 5' woman and you're a 6' man.

Whether that's fair or right is not something I want to get into, it depends on your perspective but self defence has to involve a real, clear and imminent danger to you and I doubt you could show that here.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by DB1100 »

fishtank wrote:Pushing someone over who threw a half peeled satsuma at you is unlikely to pass the test of self defence in law, it would much more likely to be seen as petty retaliation, especially if she's a 5' woman and you're a 6' man.

Whether that's fair or right is not something I want to get into, it depends on your perspective but self defence has to involve a real, clear and imminent danger to you and I doubt you could show that here.
It's the spitting I would react to,I'm not prepared to let anyone spit in my face,you might not react to that but I most certainly would,still you might be a very tolerant person and accept thing's more than I do.
For we were soldiers once,and young
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Got spat at a few times in NI, never reacted - good job when I was holding a L85a
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by fishtank »

As Teebs points out it's not really a question of tolerance, it's a question of control or lack of it.
I've been provoked by far more than spitting or a satsuma in my life and in far more dangerous situations.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by motherhubbard »

DB1100 wrote:I would have put her on her arse.
Violence towards women shouldn't be acceptable really under any circumstances.
Do you think it makes you look big saying you would have put her on her arse? Not in my eyes.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

motherhubbard wrote:
DB1100 wrote:I would have put her on her arse.
Violence towards women shouldn't be acceptable really under any circumstances.
Do you think it makes you look big saying you would have put her on her arse? Not in my eyes.
Violence towards anyone should be unacceptable. Except of course in self defence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by DB1100 »

motherhubbard wrote:
DB1100 wrote:I would have put her on her arse.
Violence towards women shouldn't be acceptable really under any circumstances.
Do you think it makes you look big saying you would have put her on her arse? Not in my eyes.
I would treat anybody with respect if I have upset someone on my walk they can come and have a shout or moan at me no problem with that,however I am not prepared for anyone man or woman to spit in my face,if you are the sort of woman that goes round spitting in peoples faces you have to accept that some people will react to it,I was spat at during my time in the Army and it's not a pleasant experience,it's a disgusting thing to do.
For we were soldiers once,and young
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by DB1100 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Got spat at a few times in NI, never reacted - good job when I was holding a L85a
I was,but we made up for it when we did a baton charge and I had a SLR.
For we were soldiers once,and young
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Prolific Bideford offender assaulted postman with half-peeled Satsuma and spat in his face

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DB1100 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Got spat at a few times in NI, never reacted - good job when I was holding a L85a
I was,but we made up for it when we did a baton charge and I had a SLR.
I know its not polictically correct, but :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.