ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

My bundle rubbish

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by gary1975 »

Google my car salary sacrifice zenith its a site that gives you a idea about the car scheme, you need a company password to fully access the site which im sure we'll get at some point, a price I saw on there a little Citroen for 167 per month inc insurance which aint bad at all
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by toomuchcoke »

Surreypostie wrote:
Robtor wrote:Actually there's plenty of reasonable deals in here for absolutely nothing, some of you really do repeat this same drivel no matter what.

I need to furnish an entire house, 7% off Ikea (furniture)? Thanks! 8% off Currys (fridge, freezer, cooker, washing machine) thanks! Potentially ok car leasing deals (a BIG maybe, we will see tomorrow), thanks! 40% off a lot of cinema's, thanks! Cheapish insurance policies? Thanks I'll take a look!

I don't really get how people can be so negative about free stuff.
I don't know where you found all this free stuff.
Robtor is referring to the information from the previous "My Bundle" letter. Go to myroyalmail.com, click on the link that says "Your total reward", then click on the "Log into my bundle", log in using the details they gave in that previous letter. Then click on "Perks and discounts", then click on "View the full range of perks and discounts here." Explore and enjoy, or not as you prefer ...
Surreypostie wrote:It was a book offering all sorts of life insurance and travel insurance, virtually all linked to salary sacrifice which saves RM money in NI contributions and I assume they also get comission for flogging us the stuff. Mine went in the bin also.
Did you even bother to check if they'd be suitable for you first? If the RM can offer me a product/service cheaper than my current provider, why would I care if they're making an NI saving and/or getting paid commission for it? Personally I'm currently taking advantage of C2W, and may do so again when my current deal finishes at the end of the year. The car leasing deal is potentially a little interesting, but I doubt I have sufficient need for a car to take advantage of it Not interested in the critical illness / personal accident insurance, but if I was I'd check to see if they could beat my current provider and would take full advantage if they could!
Surreypostie wrote:There was a thing in the courier this month, I remember a bit that said, your reward, it's not only about the money. Dear RM, yes it is. If we didn't need the money, we wouldn't be here.
Actually it is about more than the money ... The Royal Mail can, at least in theory, negotiate better deals from companies than we can and the money that we save as result of those deals is equivalent to getting paid more. Of course, not every deal will suit every postie but that's not a reason for the Royal Mail not to offer them (though obviously it would be pointless of them to offer deals that hardly anyone wanted) nor a reason for those who do like the look of them not to accept.

Still I suppose those of us willing to make an effort will save money compared to those that won't ... And therefore be better off as a result!
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by toomuchcoke »

therailway wrote:I'm not totally sure but I think salary sacrifice effects DC pension contributions adversely as well. Cheers RM thanks but no thanks!
Well Cycle-2-Work doesn't affect your DC contributions (or at least, hasn't in my case).
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

My bundle rubbish

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Its the State pension that may be affected

Lower earnings may also affect your State Pension or contribution-based state benefits such as Jobseeker’s Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance. However, you may be able to claim more tax credits.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Boydieboydie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 14:12
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by Boydieboydie »

There's a lot that Royal Mail aren't doing well for their employees, but the benefits/discounts and pension are all very good and can save a lot of money if people were clever enough to spot a good thing when it's waved in front of them. Of course Royal Mail get their benefits out of it aswell, but who cares... We are all share holders after all and its in none of our interests for Royal Mail to fail
Boydieboydie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 14:12
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by Boydieboydie »

I for one have found cycle to work very useful and will be looking at the car leasing and life insurance (although we already have it with our pension plan. I have previously used childcare vouchers which was a big saving. Not sure about the discount page but would look into it if I was going to buy anything expensive like a bed or kitchen appliances etc
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by HarryPoorer »

I get more bumf from RM than I do with d2d's and leafleteers. 150000 of each bumf item (courier etc) must cost loads. Why not send a message through pda for us to check mrm website if interested! :thumbdown
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Don't think there's anything wrong with taking a cynical view of anything offered by this company. As one of the largest employers in the UK I don't think they do a very good job. I will compare what they're offering with the open market (after all we know competition is good!) but the last time I did it you could match or better all the offers. :hmmmm

I presume they're lumping a lot of offers together and assuming that we're all so apathetic that we'll just go for it without doing our own research? I can't help but think that these deals have been put forward by the Suits in Accounts to help Royal Mail, first and foremost, and if you don't have any of these policies they may appeal.

I believe the best reward you can give your workforce is decent wages, pensions and terms & conditions. And to stop attacking them through Incompetent Management and Unrealistic Demands. You can keep your Flash Brochures with their Smoke & Mirrors....We get enough of that Bullshit from our Politicians! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

My bundle rubbish

Post by nickbsmooth »

The car scheme is very expensive if you need a full size car. There are better leasing options elsewhere.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by Chewster »

Looking at the mybundle stuff, it says 20 days left to enroll. Now I'm assuming that doesn't include the "anytime perks" (like the cars)?
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Seems crazy why RM have not sorted out this uniform cleaning tax scheme for us all as standard for years.

There are a few discounts that could be quite handy for lots of staff, such as the 10% off vouchers for Halfords, albeit the potential delivery delay in receiving them by courier or RM SD sounds a bit odd.

Plus the process for getting and using a new store card sounds complicated.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

My bundle rubbish

Post by k979aaa »

Lets just face it we are all consumers and royalmail is using it's data base for selling products we may want whilst reducing it's tax bill. It's a bit like Amazon Google we may get a good deal now but when the s**t hit's the fan who will be there when it goes tit's up for sure they will be not it's our problem now.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by postslippete »

I remember getting some holiday vouchers for good attendance once. Forget the cycle 2 work scheme, I would have preferred a brand new car though, as that would have been a nice 'benefit'.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Scarhalo
Posts: 3
Joined: 13 Feb 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by Scarhalo »

Had a look at the cars available today and just got a message saying no cars available.
Had a chat with Zenith and they told me that my income doesn't qualify.
I'm assuming that the reason is I'm contracted for 33 hrs even though the last three years I have worked over 50 - 60 hrs a week as RM are so short staffed.
Not only am I getting stuffed on my pension contributions, holidays etc apparently I cannot utilise this 'benefit' either.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

My bundle rubbish

Post by Chewster »

Scarhalo wrote:Had a look at the cars available today and just got a message saying no cars available.
Had a chat with Zenith and they told me that my income doesn't qualify.
I'm assuming that the reason is I'm contracted for 33 hrs even though the last three years I have worked over 50 - 60 hrs a week as RM are so short staffed.
Not only am I getting stuffed on my pension contributions, holidays etc apparently I cannot utilise this 'benefit' either.
Strange, there was a list of cars popping up for me and I'm only on a 20 hour contract