ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by taurus88 »

I've been looking around for something new, but I'm waiting to sell my shares before having a proper look. I do err on the side of believing that I can have a better life away from Royal Mail, mostly because of the increased physicality of the job post-modernisation, and the promise of even longer delivery spans now that Royal Mail is a private company. I have really enjoyed this job at times, I still enjoy it now, but even as a younger man, I am starting to worry about the long-term impact of longer delivery spans on my health - I have a lot of hobbies and I want to carry them into later life. I'll take whatever I can get for my shares sans tax, and then go from there. My financial position is okay, and as a part-timer, I wouldn't need to earn that much in another job to match what I'm earning at Royal Mail, even if I would be working more hours.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by DB1100 »

My plan involves ill health retirement in a few years,I've been to the doctors a few times and set the plan in motion,mortgage is paid,a forces pension plus another small one,plus a little part time work driving,I don't want to wreck myself too much before I retire and that is what delivery is doing to me and others.
For we were soldiers once,and young
dre33dd
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
Gender: Male

I think it's time to leave Royal Mail

Post by dre33dd »

30 years in..want to go.sadly not able to earn as much locally..3 mins walk to work...i try the headphones on and head down method,so many early starters and lickers...