ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
aye One Wave,apparently its being driven by the 'need' to make an online purchase at 11pm and expect it to arrive by the
following afternoon.
but if you point out that an item posted before noon will now take up to 8 hours longer to arrive than it would have 10 years ago then you will be rightfully told,possibly by a very nice man from the union,that you cant stand in the way of progress.
following afternoon.
but if you point out that an item posted before noon will now take up to 8 hours longer to arrive than it would have 10 years ago then you will be rightfully told,possibly by a very nice man from the union,that you cant stand in the way of progress.
Last edited by Danelectro on 10 Feb 2016, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
-
Aquarius
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40
Rumour of new, later starting times.
It was the CWU who informed our CSS staff of possible changes...still up in the air as to what exactly will change..but the CWU and management at a high enough level have been discussing it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Top table negotiations.A2B wrote:At what level are the discussions being made? If RM are already at the stage where they are preparing to move machinery and staff at a local level then what hope have the union got of stopping/adjusting their plans nationally?
Its a 5 year plan, although 1 wave is due this year for most offices. So not at local consideration yet.
If is goes through.timetables etc etc time will tell.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
Not officially no. But it is one of the rumours released.franco1 wrote:TBT you say one wave is due this year, is that a defo??
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
Let's think a bit about how this wouldn't work in practice.
6hrs outdoors at the workrate most currently do is not humanly possible for 5 days a week. Therefore workrate will slow. The last 1hr and 30mins will see people really struggling. So efficiency will actually go down as it can't possibly stay the same. RM are fools if they think it's staff can operate as they do for 3 1/2 to 4hrs hrs currently for 6hrs. That is a HUGE and unachievable leap.
FACT - if I'm told I now have a 6hr delivery (designed to the current demanding delivery model) then I'll start
-using the trolly for every loop,
-check mail when stationary at every gate,
- not walk over ANY private grass
-will do all van checks,
-take my time to drive safely not hurriedly as at present.
-will take my time to write every form left out with decent writing rather than the hurried scrawl I currently do.
In that 6hrs I will only be able to deliver the same as I do now in 4hrs, maybe 50 houses more. Not going to ruin my health for people who don't give a flying feck if I live or die.
6hrs outdoors at the workrate most currently do is not humanly possible for 5 days a week. Therefore workrate will slow. The last 1hr and 30mins will see people really struggling. So efficiency will actually go down as it can't possibly stay the same. RM are fools if they think it's staff can operate as they do for 3 1/2 to 4hrs hrs currently for 6hrs. That is a HUGE and unachievable leap.
FACT - if I'm told I now have a 6hr delivery (designed to the current demanding delivery model) then I'll start
-using the trolly for every loop,
-check mail when stationary at every gate,
- not walk over ANY private grass
-will do all van checks,
-take my time to drive safely not hurriedly as at present.
-will take my time to write every form left out with decent writing rather than the hurried scrawl I currently do.
In that 6hrs I will only be able to deliver the same as I do now in 4hrs, maybe 50 houses more. Not going to ruin my health for people who don't give a flying feck if I live or die.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
What do you mean you'll start? Surely you do all that now (except the last one).meercat wrote: then I'll start
-using the trolly for every loop,
-check mail when stationary at every gate,
- not walk over ANY private grass
-will do all van checks,
-take my time to drive safely not hurriedly as at present.
-will take my time to write every form left out with decent writing rather than the hurried scrawl I currently do.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
Sorry I don't do any of it.
I'll also start:
-trying the neighbors if not it
-trying the neighbors on the other side
-picking up lost elastic bands
-asking the person at the door for their surname and typing it in rather than putting in the name on packet before they answer
-parking in a safe not just a convenient location on each loop
-stopping to make any inputs to the pda rather than doing so while walking
This is all going to add 5-10 mins.....per loop.
I'll also start:
-trying the neighbors if not it
-trying the neighbors on the other side
-picking up lost elastic bands
-asking the person at the door for their surname and typing it in rather than putting in the name on packet before they answer
-parking in a safe not just a convenient location on each loop
-stopping to make any inputs to the pda rather than doing so while walking
This is all going to add 5-10 mins.....per loop.
Last edited by meercat on 10 Feb 2016, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
Why not?meercat wrote:Sorry I don't do any of it.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
My partners want to finish on time. That's what I need to do (or rather not do) to finish on time.aiden01 wrote:Why not?meercat wrote:Sorry I don't do any of it.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
So you run around like the other idiotsmeercat wrote:My partners want to finish on time. That's what I need to do (or rather not do) to finish on time.aiden01 wrote:Why not?meercat wrote:Sorry I don't do any of it.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
I don't run at all. I just don't do what I've listed which if I did do would be essentially working to rule.aiden01 wrote: So you run around like the other idiots
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
He can finish on time regardless of what you do.meercat wrote:My partners want to finish on time. That's what I need to do (or rather not do) to finish on time.aiden01 wrote:Why not?meercat wrote:Sorry I don't do any of it.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
I heard that you will sort from the back of the van. Prep all the redirections and collate post which isn't walk sequenced. I would had thought that would be a security issue. Can't wait for it and IB to harass me.
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
And a H&S issue as well (see the other thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=73294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Bending over with unsafe/broken door staysjustdeno wrote:I heard that you will sort from the back of the van. Prep all the redirections and collate post which isn't walk sequenced. I would had thought that would be a security issue. Can't wait for it and IB to harass me.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
If the mail centre can put all the mail in the correct order, I don't see why they can't take out the redirections.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
LONGER DELIVERY SPANS
What about all the gone aways etc. The machines have little knowledge of who lives in the house. I am fed up with carrying post where people have moved and the abuse from current persons. Just think of all the complaints RM will get if this system goes live.