Delivering mail contributes - and its honest.
From where I'm sat thats more than can be said for a lot of the ways people have to make a living.
What is it you want ? Getting paid to snort powder off the backsides of supermodels ?
Man up,hold your head up and stop being such a teenage wannabe.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are Postmen Losers?
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Are Postmen Losers?
Put my name down for some of that!jetblack wrote:Delivering mail contributes - and its honest.
From where I'm sat thats more than can be said for a lot of the ways people have to make a living.
What is it you want ? Getting paid to snort powder off the backsides of supermodels ?
Man up,hold your head up and stop being such a teenage wannabe.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
In The Know wrote:So many postmen been in the job years, happy to trudge the streets like a pit pony, looked down upon by moms taking the kids to school, take home £300, barely enough to cover the bills, no foreign holidays, no nice car, no nice house.
Why don't they get off there arses and get out there and become an entrepreneur? Or are all postmen losers in life?
How do you know that some of these posties don't have a nice little business on the side?? I sell spares on eBay (which obviously I can't promote on here!) and it is enough to earn me a second income so I can afford extras like a nice car or holiday. If you want to be an entrepreneur and run your own business with your staff, I say "Cool, go for it!" but understand that winners are always a part of a team NOT apart from a team!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
We're not losers, we're representative of the normal ranges of the population.
Last edited by taurus88 on 23 Oct 2022, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Are Postmen Losers?
"Hi, my name is Taurus, and I'm err umm err....a postman."
{Background cries of "hey Taurus, welcome...we ain't judgemental....."}
"There, I'm glad it's out in the open...now I can move on...and find myself...
"
{Background cries of "hey Taurus, welcome...we ain't judgemental....."}
"There, I'm glad it's out in the open...now I can move on...and find myself...
-
Robtor
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
Well said Taurus, most of the first and last paragraphs apply to me.
I don't love the job but I do a lot of hours because it pays well, and lets me lead a decent life. It's nice to not feel worried about going to work because despite what many say, it's not stressful.
I am however trying to get my bases covered for the future.
I don't love the job but I do a lot of hours because it pays well, and lets me lead a decent life. It's nice to not feel worried about going to work because despite what many say, it's not stressful.
I am however trying to get my bases covered for the future.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
That's a good post, Taurus.
I can recognise myself in some of what you have written.