ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

holidays

Post by korky »

Lou84 wrote:No as I still have leave left, booked some before I moved offices but didn't think to book it all as I thought it would be cheeky.

Leave ceilings at my new office were already met and I haven't been able to book anymore.
if you want your minimum entitlement take it!
its against the law to refuse, forget rm policy or a rep with belly ache!
of course it may suit you to carry forward leave but make sure you have a copy of leave owing as it may disappear.
just hurry and book any extra days before they get blanked too
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

holidays

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Lou84 wrote:No as I still have leave left, booked some before I moved offices but didn't think to book it all as I thought it would be cheeky.

Leave ceilings at my new office were already met and I haven't been able to book anymore.
In that case you have not received your statutory minimum holidays, Royal Mail must allow you to take them otherwise they are breaking the law, leave ceilings don't come into it, you have a couple of options you could raise a grievance if he not allow you to take them, or if your willing to put your head above the parapet then email Moyà stating that you are being prevented from taking your statutory leave, that will resolve things quickly but will probably piss of the Dom, her email is justsayit@royalmail.com
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

holidays

Post by Lou84 »

Spoke to manager this morning, there aren't any full weeks available only odd days. He's not too fussed on my leave as there's people with several weeks still outstanding due to operations and sick leave.

He confirmed it will be carried over into next years, lots of people have recently left so there's lots of gaps next year.

Suits me, I'll keep hold of my print out encase he changes his mind or they get lost in outta space