ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by ganda »

Delivering to neighbour should not be scanned "safeplace" unless the recipient has stated the safe place as a neighbour. People think that the box that states safeplace is an option the postie decides on. It's not, if the box that states safeplace is empty of any instruction then there is no safeplace.
Captain Scarlet
Posts: 322
Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
Location: Fifer

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by Captain Scarlet »

I have noticed a spike in the number of complaints in our office over the last 12/18 months where the pressure is on the postie to deliver to neighbour.
Some people seem to have realised that they only have to say they never took parcel in and keep whatever is in it.
Speaking to a guy from DPD and story with him was neighbour's safe place (brown bin).....no parcel £500 trainers, you get the idea, anyway DPD guy goes back to address and looks inside blue bin and finds the empty box minus the trainers, takes a picture of the whole parcel/barcode etc and sends to his boss,result for DPD guy and customer told where to go............ :nana
Personally I wouldn't leave with anyone and never if a signature was needed. :wave
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by DB1100 »

I thought the CWU produced a flyer that said amongst other thing's "that DTN was at the sole discretion of the OPG" I don't do it unless I know the neighbour or there is a written instuction on the parcel .
For we were soldiers once,and young
Hitcher
Posts: 1535
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by Hitcher »

DB1100 wrote:I thought the CWU produced a flyer that said amongst other thing's "that DTN was at the sole discretion of the OPG" I don't do it unless I know the neighbour or there is a written instuction on the parcel .
It is but managers are trying it on by saying it's part of the job now.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32811
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by POSTMAN »

Hitcher wrote:
DB1100 wrote:I thought the CWU produced a flyer that said amongst other thing's "that DTN was at the sole discretion of the OPG" I don't do it unless I know the neighbour or there is a written instuction on the parcel .
It is but managers are trying it on by saying it's part of the job now.
Sorry guys but it is RM standard,agreed by the union,the flyer you are talking about is out of date.

See here for the flyer...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=68738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And see here for the deliver to neighbour thing...
http://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defaul ... INAL_0.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We agreed with the CWU that Delivery to Neighbour is a Royal Mail Standard.
This means where no opt out exists and it’s safe and secure, Delivery to Neighbour
must be attempted every time a customer is not in.*
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by nickbsmooth »

Last year there was a big push on getting rid of tracked item's. Management said leave in blue bins green houses and every neighbour within a 5mile radius etc, we had some ridiculous target like 98% 1st time .
If I had a tracked a parcel and no one was in and there was no printed instruction on parcel it came back.
I didn't have time to knock on neighbours doors and I wasn't leaving it in blue bins as the instruction was verbal from management not in writing.
3 months later managers back tracked ,don't leave anywhere other than with the householder and the target stopped being mentioned.
Someone must have had their knuckles wrapped.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

delivered to neighbour, parcel now missing.....

Post by steve1873 »

Captain Scarlet wrote:I have noticed a spike in the number of complaints in our office over the last 12/18 months where the pressure is on the postie to deliver to neighbour.
Some people seem to have realised that they only have to say they never took parcel in and keep whatever is in it.
Speaking to a guy from DPD and story with him was neighbour's safe place (brown bin).....no parcel £500 trainers, you get the idea, anyway DPD guy goes back to address and looks inside blue bin and finds the empty box minus the trainers, takes a picture of the whole parcel/barcode etc and sends to his boss,result for DPD guy and customer told where to go............ :nana
Personally I wouldn't leave with anyone and never if a signature was needed. :wave
We have basically been told if the above scenario unfolds, it is not our problem, but rather a police matter as it is theft.