ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are Postmen Losers?
-
taxi4leighton
- Posts: 343
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:05
Are Postmen Losers?
i thought the headline was "ARE POSTMEN LOVERS"
should have went to specsavers
should have went to specsavers
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Are Postmen Losers?
Mom its americandrill bit wrote:Can't spell mum either
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Are Postmen Losers?
personally I would class someone who takes the time to look up and come onto a website and bait the users as being quite a big loser with nothing better in their life
but maybe that's just me
but maybe that's just me
-
Williamleeds
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
Obviously made it in life,trolling on a postman forum.Pathetic & then some.Jesus wept...
-
plymouth3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
My annual salary is 21.7k in the north of England with many benefits such as pension, sick and holiday pay.
I know a teacher on a zero hours contract who earned 20k last year, I also know a manager of a boots store and she earns 20k a year for 60 hour week; also know a council worker on 16k a year; I could go on but you get the message.
I know a teacher on a zero hours contract who earned 20k last year, I also know a manager of a boots store and she earns 20k a year for 60 hour week; also know a council worker on 16k a year; I could go on but you get the message.
-
mccoop
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 16:19
Are Postmen Losers?
With me it was always about the hours,in the early days.Getting finished before 1430 is still good and will never forget that my job has given me the reason to get my kids into great paying jobs so they can retire early with good pensions.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Are Postmen Losers?
I used to be envious of the Yuppies with telephone number salaries and rushing round London in Porsches, after the financial crash, I realised I was actually better off with a steady salary, above the industry rate for what we do, a pension, proper hours with stressing whether I can pull the next commodity trading, living off my nerves, instead as a Postie I can just plod along and post letters, get paid, go home and have a life, I would say its a no brainer :)
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
caoimhin
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 26 Jun 2011, 23:06
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
Are postmen losers? Well, that's a tough question that one might need to ponder on for a lengthy period to answer.......though I suppose a more simple question would be are you a c***? Again this question might well require much pondering, though the answer could quite possibly be yes you are.
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
It seems a lot of you are happy to plod on in life with no drive or ambition. Push yourselves now before it's too late. Ask yourself a question; will you still be in this job come retirement day or will you pop your clogs on the job before that day? Get out now people.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Are Postmen Losers?
In The Know wrote:It seems a lot of you are happy to plod on in life with no drive or ambition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Are Postmen Losers?
The emphasis shouldn't be on the post but simply on the men.
Given that most men are losers then it stands to reason that most postmen will also be losers.
Given that most men are losers then it stands to reason that most postmen will also be losers.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Are Postmen Losers?
Strange that most will view the post above and move on with barely a thought, but substitute the word "women" for "men" and there'd be outrage and righteous indignation.
Those good old double standards on show again.
Those good old double standards on show again.
-
franco1
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
rent paid, food on table, money in pocket, wife happy, finish early, long weekends, have a union, walk around in fresh air, exercise, meet people, no stress.
If im a loser then those who finish 5-6pm get home eat then sleep for next day must be even more losers.
I WOULD NOT SWAP MY JOB FOR ANY OTHER - LOVE IT!!
If im a loser then those who finish 5-6pm get home eat then sleep for next day must be even more losers.
I WOULD NOT SWAP MY JOB FOR ANY OTHER - LOVE IT!!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Are Postmen Losers?
Who would these bringers of outrage and righteous indignation be?Tman wrote:there'd be outrage and righteous indignation.
Those good old double standards on show again.
I can't do the righteous thing anyway, I'm not a believer.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Are Postmen Losers?
Brilliant.crazyshrew wrote:Now what is a nice car, or a nice house? and is a foreign holiday really and essential?In The Know wrote: barely enough to cover the bills, no foreign holidays, no nice car, no nice house.
I have home that keeps me warm and dry, bills are paid and I have enough food in my fridge, I am lucky enough to car that gets me comfortably from A-B, yes there are far flung places I'd like to visit but I burn through factor 50 in the British summer so getting away for a Summer holiday isn't top of my priority list.
There a are pros and cons like in any job and for different people they will be different. Although the pros that many signed up for years ago are rapidly disappearing , if they haven't yet gone altogether.
Everyone's in it for different reasons, and every job needs to be done by someone.
For now it's ideal for me, having a very introverted nature and poor mental health makes working a 30+hr indoor job or one with lots of interpersonal interaction impossible for me; but being outside getting plenty of exercise and fresh air with minimal hubbub is exactly what I can do.
If that makes me a loser then so be it.
Having minimal drain during the during the working week enables me to do a little in my spare time, In fact I'm a cadet forces instructor 2 evenings a week and several weekends a year.
Having a reasonable amount of time (for now) between finishing work and getting to the unit at 1845, enables me to ensure my lesson plans and admin are up to the right standard.
But yeah, doing my bit for the young people in my community makes me a total loser
Of course being a postie wasn't/isn't my dream job, But I spent my teenage years in and out of hospital (mental health related), this obviously affected my education and I didn't get the A levels I needed for the uni course for the career I wanted.
+100 loser points
On a 30 hr contract I also have a little spare time so I've started an OU course with the hope of moving on to a degree next year. It''l take me about 6 years but that's a pace I can comfortably manage.
Funnily enough jobs in the social care sector, where I'm hoping to end up (even with a degree) generally pay less than what I'm earning now, at least to start with.
Looking back at all the above I'm clearly a total loser in life.
Moving.