It's not the dogs just the tosser's that own them as they just don't get it a dog is a weapon in the wrong hands they just don't appreciate what a dog can do to a kid who is their own. Yet alone a stranger postie or anyone else but the law has changed but attitudes have not till the tosser's do serious time not much will change.Dorset Plodder wrote:I LOVE DOGS!Especially Barbecued!
In reality I hate the Bloody Four Legged s**t Machines. I didn't really like them before I was a Postie but now all I have to hear is that annoying yapping from the front window, with some scabby mongrel jumping up & down the nets, trying to rip them down... and feel like screaming!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A growing problem ?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: A growing problem ?
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
I've been bitten loads of times, not been bitten for a few years though. The last one was an Alsatian that came at me down the drive after a dopey bint answered the door and he ran past her. He came for me, I put my pouch in front of me and he bit it several times. The woman finally got the dog inside. I reported it to my manager who in turn reported it to the police. The police went round and the dog bit the copper 
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
Another time I had a right s**t hole of a house on my round and the bloke kept 2 Great Danes. They always went mental when I walked up the drive. One day one was in the front room where there were net curtains up against the window. The dog jumped up at the net curtain and smashed the freekin window. I just walked off 
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
Another time I was delivering to the same house and I had to endorse the mail, 'rats at large'. Two of them running around in the porch 
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: A growing problem ?
comeracing wrote:.i think royal mail should send out a door to door to dog owners stating when a postie knocks at your door,your dog must be locked in another room whilst answering the door.
It doesn't matter who's knocking at the door, it's pig ignorance not to put the dog away before answering, I've had a cuunt of a bite after some stupid old bint couldn't keep her dog in after I knocked the door
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: A growing problem ?
I don't see why that would make you very happy.In The Know wrote: The police went round and the dog bit the copper
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
Yep. Hear that line on a daily basis.mancpat wrote:"Oooo don't mind him. He'll lick you to death" is a favouriteaiden01 wrote:And their answer is?postiewhite wrote:Its happened to me on a few occasions. I go mad with the customer and ask why they havr let the dog out.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
Maybe we should carry taser guns? Taser them the minute we see one even out on the streets that will teach them to keep away from guys in orange a red coats...
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
A customer once said to me that we should carry pepper spray.Kings Norton wrote:Maybe we should carry taser guns? Taser them the minute we see one even out on the streets that will teach them to keep away from guys in orange a red coats...
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
motherhubbard wrote:I don't see why that would make you very happy.In The Know wrote: The police went round and the dog bit the copper
EDITED BY POSTMAN:Out of order-behave!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
I didn't find it funny (as people seem to when you tell them you've been bitten). I did however find it rather ironic.....and I suppose the Copper didn't need any more convincing that the dog was violent?
I think the most annoyed I've been at a customer (which I know is always a dangerous thing to be) was when he said, "He only gets fed twice a day...The Milkman and the Postman Ha Ha Ha"! in retrospect I shouldn't have done it but I just replied, "Yeah Very f***ing Funny...Here's your f***ing Mail"! and threw at him over his gate.
I think the most annoyed I've been at a customer (which I know is always a dangerous thing to be) was when he said, "He only gets fed twice a day...The Milkman and the Postman Ha Ha Ha"! in retrospect I shouldn't have done it but I just replied, "Yeah Very f***ing Funny...Here's your f***ing Mail"! and threw at him over his gate.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
I'm sure you could have worked in a retort that involved his missus being 'fed' by the postman and the milkman twice a day..but that she's always hungry for moreDorset Plodder wrote:I didn't find it funny (as people seem to when you tell them you've been bitten). I did however find it rather ironic.....and I suppose the Copper didn't need any more convincing that the dog was violent?![]()
I think the most annoyed I've been at a customer (which I know is always a dangerous thing to be) was when he said, "He only gets fed twice a day...The Milkman and the Postman Ha Ha Ha"! in retrospect I shouldn't have done it but I just replied, "Yeah Very f***ing Funny...Here's your f***ing Mail"! and threw at him over his gate.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
stan_lers wrote:steve1873 wrote:Usually I would imagine, if anything like customers I have encountered over the years "Oh he/ she wont touch you son!". Usually after it has bounded up to me and jumped up, pawing me in the balls!
I got bit twice by the same dog, which also bit another postie and a few leafleters. The owner still insisted he was harmless and that he'd never hurt anyone when I still had a mark on my leg from the last time it bit me.
Sounds like a prime candidate for rat poison treats.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32811
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: A growing problem ?
Post edited,move on.In The Know wrote:motherhubbard wrote:I don't see why that would make you very happy.In The Know wrote: The police went round and the dog bit the copper
EDITED BY POSTMAN:Out of order-behave!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.