ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

delivering to apartment blocks.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mancpat
Posts: 85
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by mancpat »

Regardless of what the royal mail ruling says on here. Has anybody actually been told that. Because most people are seemingly told that they come to you, by planners and managers.

The majority of my work colleagues don't come on here and I learn a lot more than them through here. But if I didn't then how are we supposed to know all this.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72760
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by motherhubbard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.
To be fair he has provided a link to the actual agreement it is taken from.
He hasn't just made stuff up and decide it must be right because they say so - like some posters on here.
The correct procedure is as stated.
And he appears to have knowledge of people being sacked for flouting it.

I find it amusing that some people prefer to go by what their DOM says. As if they know anything.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72760
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

motherhubbard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.
To be fair he has provided a link to the actual agreement it is taken from.
He hasn't just made stuff up and decide it must be right because they say so - like some posters on here.
The correct procedure is as stated.
And he appears to have knowledge of people being sacked for flouting it.

I find it amusing that some people prefer to go by what their DOM says. As if they know anything.
Its not an agreement as such, its a Royal Mail webpage to advise customers so how valid it would be at an ET is open to debate. However I agree its a reasonable course of action to do as stated, and it's amazing how managers managers change their tune when asked to provide a written instruction, or when something goes wrong.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by daveyeff »

something going wrong like your trolley being stolen while you're upstairs getting a signature. I wonder how their procedure/rules would go then. :Very Happy
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by daveyeff »

and I go by what my DOM says because he announced it downstairs in front of us all, with rep and both sub reps present. so whether he knows anything or not, we go by what he says and any comeback is on him. :Very Happy
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by motherhubbard »

daveyeff wrote:something going wrong like your trolley being stolen while you're upstairs getting a signature. I wonder how their procedure/rules would go then. :Very Happy
If you are using a lwt then it isn't perhaps the correct equipment for the duty.
There isn't a problem with a HCT as long as it is chained up.
Unless there are local security arrangements which would take precedence.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by daveyeff »

planners put it in the revision. park and loop with two lightweight trollies on the van. you'd think they would know this. they also ruled out hct because of the location of the flats. so lwt it is. :Very Happy
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by motherhubbard »

daveyeff wrote:planners put it in the revision.
Enough said.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by daveyeff »

motherhubbard wrote:
daveyeff wrote:planners put it in the revision.
Enough said.
have to say I would agree with that, but on this occasion they got it right. HCT is not right for this duty. so two lightweights were the equipment allocated to the van.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by motherhubbard »

Or it could have been planned to park the van outside the flats so the correct procedures could have been followed without compromising the integrity of the mail.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by daveyeff »

drivers away doing packets when im doing the flats with the trolley. that's why his loops were made a lot smaller.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by wannabeek »

This is a most hated part of the job for me now. I never used to leave any mail unattended at any time whatsoever but nowadays I have to leave the LWT outside blocks of small flats while I deliver to the floors inside. It's only a couple of floors, takes 30 seconds to a minute or so depending on the packets, but that's considerably longer than I ever used to leave mail unattended when it was 'bag on the shoulder' rules. I don't agree with it, but those are the rules now. Apparently the statistics say that a scally won't nick a packet if they have less than a very short time to do it. ;liar
bigbazza
Posts: 113
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
Gender: Male

Re: delivering to apartment blocks.

Post by bigbazza »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.

Image
lol i'm sure there's a pill for that.