ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

new reserve..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Re: new reserve..

Post by RetroJunkie »

P739 wrote:
Postie45 wrote:seems like youve been misled about permanent days off, however all the people you work with had to go thru the reserve part of the job pretty much, shoved from here to there, its just what you have to do for the first year or so (unless you sign for what probably will be a crap walk)
maybe you can get something sorted though, good luck
Geeze oh pal wish I worked in your office like I said 15 years at it and still getting shafted

what i thought, the only way ur gonna get anywhere is to shoot all the senior ppl :thumbup
chillout1571
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

Re: new reserve..

Post by chillout1571 »

I've been lucky that both the part time and full timer on my round atm left. So I think that's why I've been able to stay on it for a few months. Everyone is talking about revision, so that's pretty imminent. I'm slightly worried, the manager I really don't like has been off for three months, when I first started he was on at me about my days off etc. Then he went off with stress, however he is back next week. So I imagine, he will be going round, fired up, trying to make his mark back in the office. It'll be interesting if the morale changes
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: new reserve..

Post by Postie45 »

P739 wrote:
Postie45 wrote:seems like youve been misled about permanent days off, however all the people you work with had to go thru the reserve part of the job pretty much, shoved from here to there, its just what you have to do for the first year or so (unless you sign for what probably will be a crap walk)
maybe you can get something sorted though, good luck
Geeze oh pal wish I worked in your office like I said 15 years at it and still getting shafted
haha yeah it was longer than 1 year for me also, but i cant speak for every office around the country, it was likely it would be at least a year though