ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie Dave Reluctantly accepts Royal Mail payout

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
cantonkid1955
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 163
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 19:03
Gender: Male

Re: Postie Dave Reluctantly accepts Royal Mail payout

Post by cantonkid1955 »

We all know that managers in any DO anywhere in the country are only there because they are either failed posties or are mates with senior managers.
Not one of them have a management qualification to wipe their arses with not do they have people skills.
Not one of them would survive in the real world outside of RM.
I was in the position of facing the sack for theft when the person who I was delivering to said that he saw me putting his package in the back of a Cash Converters van outside his house.,and my delivery manager believed him over me,,it was only when the RM went to Cash Converters and looked at the CCTV that my manager backed down,,No apology was forthcoming from management,,they even refused to involve the police to make an arrest for making false allegations of theft against me,,BEWARE OF THE SNAKES THAT SAY THEY ARE YOUR MATES THAT SLITHER AND SLIDE AMONGST YOU.
speckledtangerine
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 58
Joined: 18 Oct 2012, 16:01
Gender: Male

Re: Postie Dave Reluctantly accepts Royal Mail payout

Post by speckledtangerine »

Any truth that Dave's partner is a cwu official? Rumour as I said.....
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postie Dave Reluctantly accepts Royal Mail payout

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

speckledtangerine wrote:Any truth that Dave's partner is a cwu official? Rumour as I said.....
None - a simple 5 minute search on Google, Facebook and LinkedIn proved that. :roll:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postie Dave Reluctantly accepts Royal Mail payout

Post by NWpostie »

cantonkid1955 wrote:We all know that managers in any DO anywhere in the country are only there because they are either failed posties or are mates with senior managers.
Not one of them have a management qualification to wipe their arses with not do they have people skills.
Not one of them would survive in the real world outside of RM.
I was in the position of facing the sack for theft when the person who I was delivering to said that he saw me putting his package in the back of a Cash Converters van outside his house.,and my delivery manager believed him over me,,it was only when the RM went to Cash Converters and looked at the CCTV that my manager backed down,,No apology was forthcoming from management,,they even refused to involve the police to make an arrest for making false allegations of theft against me,,BEWARE OF THE SNAKES THAT SAY THEY ARE YOUR MATES THAT SLITHER AND SLIDE AMONGST YOU.

You don't need the managers permission to involve the Police, you can do that by yourself as the aggrieved party.

I got the Police out on one customer who acted in an aggressive manner toward me, I knew the manager wouldn't do anything, so I did it and it worked, the customer treated with me more respect, especially when faced with a potential criminal charge if it gone to court instead of being cautioned.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Justiceseeker
Posts: 65
Joined: 30 Sep 2015, 19:02
Gender: Female

Re: Postie Dave Reluctantly accepts Royal Mail payout

Post by Justiceseeker »

Article in Fife Today on 1 Jan 2016 "I'd swap the money for my job back - sacked postie".
Dave has told the CWU this.
The financial settlement was the only option the judge had and as a result had to be "accepted" as that was the end of the ET process.
Do not allow anyone to misunderstand what has happened here. This is not the end.
You're right, Dave's partner is not related to CWU or any union in any way but is extremely grateful for their and the Cupar postie's support of Dave.