ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie Nita raises the alarm to save man, 94

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postie Nita raises the alarm to save man, 94

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bordercountiesadvertizer.co. ... an-94.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

AN HEROIC postwoman who saved the life of a 94-year-old on her round has said she did what anybody would have done.

Nita Oliver raised the alarm after becoming concerned for the safety of the Cockshutt resident as she made her daily round.

The heartwarming story has not gone unnoticed by other villagers who recently gave the 54-year-old a spontaneous round of applause as she delivered a parcel to the village hall.

Nita, who has been based at the Oswestry delivery office for 17 years, said: “I arrived at the gentleman’s house and noticed his curtains were still drawn. I rang his daughter who asked me to go inside to see if he was alright.

“I found him unconscious, so I immediately rang for an ambulance.

“I did what any normal person would have done – helping someone who is in need.”

A local villager contacted Royal Mail to praise Nita’s actions for going “above and beyond” what would normally be expected.

Mark Robinson, Oswestry delivery office manager, said: “Our postmen and women are the eyes and ears of the community and often go the extra mile to help when it is needed.

“We are lucky as a business to have such conscientious people as Nita working for us, who know their customers well and recognise when there is something wrong.

“Nita went out of her way to look after the gentleman and has continued to visit him every week in hospital since his fall.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.