http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news ... l_workers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
The Bridgwater Royal Mail Delivery Office walkout to reinstate Andrew Mootoo on November 11th has received tremendous backing from the public.
In particular, the strike has inspired disabled people and organisations all over the country.
As a direct result of our strike, Royal Mail have now agreed a completely fresh attempt to agree with the CWU a part-time indoor job for Andrew at Bridgwater.
I wrote "attempt": we have not got reinstatement yet, but for the first time for a year, the employer is now taking us seriously.
As a Bridgwater CWU shop steward, I am still humbled by over 100 postmen and women giving up a day's pay, and breaking the civil law against spontaneous strikes, to defend a profoundly deaf colleague stricken with MS, who has not worked in Friarn St since January 2014!
That's real solidarity, but why in this country's workplaces in 2015, does it not happen more often?
Dave Chapple,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LETTER: thank you to the public for their backing for the Bridgwater postal workers
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
LETTER: thank you to the public for their backing for the Bridgwater postal workers
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.