ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How would you Deal with this 'issue'
-
Soulazydll
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Is this for real? If you're a nice person, make him happy, if you don't give a toss, do what you want. Sorted.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
The guy is clearly a BABOON

-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
I agreed to do it 'his' way as he asked however he took exception to my final word on the matter which went like, I'll do it that way mate I don't want the animal to upset you, at this point he told me to shut my mouth didn't see that coming to be honestwannabeek wrote:Personally, I'd just do it how he wants it. It must really bother him for whatever reason to have made him mention it to you. You've got to work with this guy and it's probably zero extra effort on your part to plonk them on the frame the 'right' way up before you start putting them in. I've worked with a great many fussy types and some arguments are just not worth having, in my opinion.
The thing is I have already prepped the weeks due to some spare time today and I told him I aint turning them the 'right' way now but I future I'll try to.
Crazy stuff.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
I sometimes cannot believe what I read on here,What an idiot!! Upside down!! Argggghhhhhhh.
This is beyond ridiculous,In fact my response ends here beacause this clown doesn't deserve it
This is beyond ridiculous,In fact my response ends here beacause this clown doesn't deserve it
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Just make sure you turn for the Baboons packets the right way up baboons can be highly aggressive given the slightest provocation keep the van doors and windows shut when wild animals are about!19times wrote:I agreed to do it 'his' way as he asked however he took exception to my final word on the matter which went like, I'll do it that way mate I don't want the animal to upset you, at this point he told me to shut my mouth didn't see that coming to be honestwannabeek wrote:Personally, I'd just do it how he wants it. It must really bother him for whatever reason to have made him mention it to you. You've got to work with this guy and it's probably zero extra effort on your part to plonk them on the frame the 'right' way up before you start putting them in. I've worked with a great many fussy types and some arguments are just not worth having, in my opinion.![]()
The thing is I have already prepped the weeks due to some spare time today and I told him I aint turning them the 'right' way now but I future I'll try to.
Crazy stuff.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Some guys just have a habit of doing things in a certain way
But animals facing a certain way? Have you seen the movie As Good It Gets with Jack Nicholson. He might just be a neurotic wolverine trapped in a man's body
But animals facing a certain way? Have you seen the movie As Good It Gets with Jack Nicholson. He might just be a neurotic wolverine trapped in a man's body
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Yeah,that's what I thought as well,I like the open bit to the bottom.peterg wrote:Perhaps its not so much that "the animals faces are downwards" but that some people prefer a fold in the dtd downwards and some prefer it at the top. Its sometimes quicker to put them in the fitting "fold down" but I personally dont like them that way as stuff can get inbetween making it harder to do our "doorstep check" before delivering.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Turn the bundles upside-down - sorted.19times wrote:The thing is I have already prepped the weeks due to some spare time today and I told him I aint turning them the 'right' way now but I future I'll try to.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
in the words of Del boy Trotter (the mail man) "he who preps wins, Rodney" 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Dazsw
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Tell him to f**k off.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
i can have sympathy for maybe some kind of OCD that for whatever reason this animal is upsetting him, however the way hes going about it is not acceptable, whether i go out of my way to accommodate his request would probably be lessened if he spoke to me like that.
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Thanks again Lads, confirms what I already thought and his reaction to my so called pisstaking ie laughing about it and mentioning such animal again to him.
I think I'll let it slide as to informing the DOM about out of pure embarrassment really
Merry Christmas.
I think I'll let it slide as to informing the DOM about out of pure embarrassment really
Merry Christmas.
-
bostaph
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
One thing I have learned in my 20 odd years in this job is that there is an extremely high ratio of ignorant, self obsessed, back stabbing arseholes.
This guy is one of them.
This guy is one of them.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Ha, unlucky man. Seems like you're stuck with an odd ball there
Must admit when I worked with someone new for a week, they just put the d2ds in for each slot in any order. It threw me a bit since i'm used to the large one at the back so it's easier to handle when out delivering. Didn't mention it to him though, just got on with it.
Must admit when I worked with someone new for a week, they just put the d2ds in for each slot in any order. It threw me a bit since i'm used to the large one at the back so it's easier to handle when out delivering. Didn't mention it to him though, just got on with it.
-
dtyssmshdchrb
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 14:55
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Draw up a few of your own door-to-doors with a picture of his face on it and prep it upside down. Or start subtly turning things of his upside down at his frame when he isn't there, like a coffee mug or his stool. Maybe get him a little framed picture of an upside down dog for the frame too. He can report you but he wouldn't have any proof it was you and he'd have to explain his stupid behaviour in the first place, chump needs to lighten up.