I understand everything you are all saying. But for the sake of argument...
Im told in every correspondence from RM, before my first day, that my start time is 7.05am. In fact there is no end time in my offer letter & email. So if I dont want to do overtime (for argument sake) I should finish 6hrs.15mins after my 7.05am start. In fact if a break (20mins?) is accounted for, that time should be 5hrs 55mins after I start. And that is over 4days. Fixed at Wed-Sat - 25hour contract. I ONLY accepted this, my original role, as it fits around children and other child sitting issues.
Im now told. By my DO and HR that contracts (not that I have mine yet) are subject to change with notice. So that means I have to change my shift and times. The DO are telling me my shift will change to five days a week, including a Saturday, with one rotating day off a week. This will be 5 hours a shift (25hour contract) working back from 2.20pm and any overtime will be mostly forward "after" 2.20pm. They blamed HR and said I should have been told 2.20pm is their work around time and likely I would be "asked" to work later if possible. And that the reason for this is that someone will throw the frames up and basically they want the 25hr contract people to go in, help finish prep if needs be, and then take out a walk and finish it either in their 5hours or with overtime.
I TOTALLY get this from a DO operating point of view, but its not what I signed up for or what I have been told prior to my first day