When skills count then the interview process should select both most senior (where experience is brought into the mix) and the most suitable based on skills. The most senior person can still fail the skill side of the process.
The cleaner is employed by ROMEC not Royal Mail so they wouldn't even qualify for a position until they have been recruited by RM.mobungo wrote:If that person is more qualified than you then why shouldn't they have an equal opportunity to get the position ? It makes good business sense to have the right man for the job.Would you agree to the cleaner getting the job just because they have been there longer than you so have more seniority.?colintres wrote:Just a quick question, a duty has been advertised that I would need training for would someone with less seniority than me get the duty if they had already done the round? I thought this could only be applied for specialist duties like admin or callers office duties but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance for the answers.
I also notice from another post that you aren't an OPG, instead you are in the PO where the rules are different and your agreements and processes don't apply.