ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman delivering junk mail
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Postman delivering junk mail
https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/complain ... -junk-mail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I signed up with yourselves to not deliver any junk mail a year ago, I have checked with my regular postman Graham who does not deliver any, but when he is off someone else does. I am completely fed up with this as this is now the 3rd time I have had to complain, why does this carry on when I have asked for it yo stop. PLEASE JUST GET THIS STOPPED ONCE AND FOR ALL, THANK YOU
I signed up with yourselves to not deliver any junk mail a year ago, I have checked with my regular postman Graham who does not deliver any, but when he is off someone else does. I am completely fed up with this as this is now the 3rd time I have had to complain, why does this carry on when I have asked for it yo stop. PLEASE JUST GET THIS STOPPED ONCE AND FOR ALL, THANK YOU
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
YEP. the reserve won't know because the laminated opt-out card hasn't been left visible or frame not marked with black dot sticker by the duty-holder. Otherwise the reserve hasn't checked. Common issue.POSTMAN wrote:https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/complain ... -junk-mail
I signed up with yourselves to not deliver any junk mail a year ago, I have checked with my regular postman Graham who does not deliver any, but when he is off someone else does. I am completely fed up with this as this is now the 3rd time I have had to complain, why does this carry on when I have asked for it yo stop. PLEASE JUST GET THIS STOPPED ONCE AND FOR ALL, THANK YOU
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Don't they run out after a year?
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Blimey if you are ' completely fed up with this', you need to get a new perspective on life and the world around you.
Perhaps 'Junk-mail' here is actually being knocked down by the regular and cover is delivering as should be, custards usually call all addressed and un-addressed advertising 'junk-mail'.
Perhaps 'Junk-mail' here is actually being knocked down by the regular and cover is delivering as should be, custards usually call all addressed and un-addressed advertising 'junk-mail'.
-
purplesquirrel03
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 28 Jan 2015, 18:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Needs renewing every year
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Nope every 2 years http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help- ... l-material" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Never ceases to amaze me how people get so worked up about junk mail,get a grip ffs and just bin it.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Yeah I too get rather amused at how worked up people get over junk mail. So the reserve for whatever reason has delivered it, its easy to do when your a reserve and you only do the round once a week or less. They are so easy to miss, if the reserve is a part timer they wont be throwing in the D2D's and the full timers could easily miss!
One customer in our office thought he was being big and clever when he told me that he massed up a few months worth of D2D's and drove the four miles to our office and put them all in the mail box outside our office! Yeah well that achieved a lot!
Like death and taxes junk mail is almost unavoidable, people need to learn to live with it. Opting out with RM is a tricky process I believe and as has been stated only last 2 years. Save yourself some stress and just throw them in the bin!
I always inform people that it is not actually junk mail but the official term is door to doors or households... amuses me
One customer in our office thought he was being big and clever when he told me that he massed up a few months worth of D2D's and drove the four miles to our office and put them all in the mail box outside our office! Yeah well that achieved a lot!
Like death and taxes junk mail is almost unavoidable, people need to learn to live with it. Opting out with RM is a tricky process I believe and as has been stated only last 2 years. Save yourself some stress and just throw them in the bin!
I always inform people that it is not actually junk mail but the official term is door to doors or households... amuses me
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
What about all the other junk stuff' from Take aways , Estate agents etc that come through the letterbox and has nothing to do with us' how are they going to stop that ? 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Oh thats a really complicated procedure. Google Pictures, paper and a printer30+YEARMAN wrote:What about all the other junk stuff' from Take aways , Estate agents etc that come through the letterbox and has nothing to do with us' how are they going to stop that ?

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
BRILLIANT !TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Oh thats a really complicated procedure. Google Pictures, paper and a printer30+YEARMAN wrote:What about all the other junk stuff' from Take aways , Estate agents etc that come through the letterbox and has nothing to do with us' how are they going to stop that ?![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Custards?masterblaster wrote:Blimey if you are ' completely fed up with this', you need to get a new perspective on life and the world around you.
Perhaps 'Junk-mail' here is actually being knocked down by the regular and cover is delivering as should be,usually call all addressed and un-addressed advertising 'junk-mail'.custards
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Customers. Mail recipients.Bahia Feliz wrote:Custards?masterblaster wrote:Blimey if you are ' completely fed up with this', you need to get a new perspective on life and the world around you.
Perhaps 'Junk-mail' here is actually being knocked down by the regular and cover is delivering as should be,usually call all addressed and un-addressed advertising 'junk-mail'.custards
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
Custards?[/quote]bustedflush wrote:
Customers. Mail recipients.[/quote]
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Postman delivering junk mail
If I was delivering to a house that had that on display, and they didn't have an official opt out, I would take great joy in delivering their weekly d2d's.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Oh thats a really complicated procedure. Google Pictures, paper and a printer30+YEARMAN wrote:What about all the other junk stuff' from Take aways , Estate agents etc that come through the letterbox and has nothing to do with us' how are they going to stop that ?![]()
![]()
![]()