ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Snail mail: Hungry critter eats through Devon mum's post

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Snail mail: Hungry critter eats through Devon mum's post

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Snail-m ... ory.html#1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A MUM was left shell-shocked when the postie delivered a letter covered in holes - after it had been munched by hungry snail.

Mum-of-two Sarah Sanders, 37, was expecting a letter from a friend and had noticed it was a few days late.

But when it eventually arrived covered in holes, it came with an apology from Royal Mail saying the "unusual tampering" was down to cheeky molluscs.

The critters like to munch on the glue on the envelopes.

Sarah, from Honiton, Devon, said: "I had thought it was strange that I hadn't received it - and then received the envelope in a plastic bag and the letter from Royal Mail attached.

"Why can't snails eat the tonnes of junk mail that comes through my letterbox?"

The letter was originally posted in Wellington, Somerset.

The apology from Royal Mail said: "I am sorry that the enclosed letter has been damaged and subsequently delayed.

"The item was found during a scheduled collection from a posting box and had been damaged by snails.

"Unfortunately, despite regular cleaning and placing pellets in the boxes, we find that slugs and snails still occasionally manage to creep into the apertures, fall down into the box and start eating the glue/adhesive on the stamps and envelopes.

"I am sorry for any problems caused by this unusual 'tampering' - and while I am pleased to be able to return your letter, albeit in damaged condition, I regret the understandable annoyance caused."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.