How many PO brances could cope with that many items + Tracked local collect items + whatever is being posted?mudmonster wrote:Why can.t we do what Parcel Force does ,put a card saying to pickup at local Post Office after a certain time .(Not Rocket Science Is It ??![]()
)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MRM.COM:With your Neighbour slips
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
-
franco1
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
The exact number of PO branches able to cope would be equivalent to the number of new PO branches that RM create. Simples.How many PO brances could cope with that many items + Tracked local collect items + whatever is being posted?
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
And then they start asking questions like whether they can you pay you there on the doorstep and when it gets delivered. Is it so hard to just read the card? Every time I have to basically spell out what the card says when they have it in their hand because they couldn't be bothered to read it and are so confused.toomuchcoke wrote:... and let's not even get started on the ones who don't bother to read surcharge notices, which aren't even the same colour as P739s!![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
have to say since they started the new booking in system, and including surcharges in it, I haven't had one customer come out complaining yet.toomuchcoke wrote:... and let's not even get started on the ones who don't bother to read surcharge notices, which aren't even the same colour as P739s!![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
Instead of filling out all the boxes on a 739 I just write in big letters 'parcel left at no. 8 ' or whatever, and circle it, in the space for the address. Never had any complaints, easy enough to see. Unbelievable (actually, yes it is believable for royal mail) to go to the bother of making the new ones, and on top of that, to make em out of paper!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
Don't leave parcels in a porch, even if there's a note. It's not worth it, especially if the note is stuck on the outside of the door.fb1969 wrote:I went to a house with a Special yesterday and there was a sign on the door "please leave parcels in the porch, if a signature is required do NOT go to number 11". Too many people may not like their neighbour so I rarely go to one.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
FFS - didn't you read my previous reply to someone else trying to patronise me? I didn't say I had left anything I was just posting a note I had read!rambo1 wrote:Don't leave parcels in a porch, even if there's a note. It's not worth it, especially if the note is stuck on the outside of the door.fb1969 wrote:I went to a house with a Special yesterday and there was a sign on the door "please leave parcels in the porch, if a signature is required do NOT go to number 11". Too many people may not like their neighbour so I rarely go to one.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: MRM:With your Neighbour slips
Sore.....reeeeee! Chill out.fb1969 wrote:FFS - didn't you read my previous reply to someone else trying to patronise me? I didn't say I had left anything gI was just posting a note I had read!rambo1 wrote:Don't leave parcels in a porch, even if there's a note. It's not worth it, especially if the note is stuck on the outside of the door.fb1969 wrote:I went to a house with a Special yesterday and there was a sign on the door "please leave parcels in the porch, if a signature is required do NOT go to number 11". Too many people may not like their neighbour so I rarely go to one.