Simplest thing surely ... anything over a certain size goes with ParcelForce - no reason why RM cannot continue to deliver "sensible" size parcels. What scares me is the RM are trying to be a mail delivery company, a parcel delivery company and a leaflet distribution company - and we end up being pretty mediocre at all three.
ParcelForce exists - RM exists - why don't the hierarchy look at splitting the load in a more sensible way .. and maybe setting up another "leaflet distribution" arm of the company (taking over all these localised leaflet distribution companies) - thus creating three more efficient companies - and keeping the jobs for all ??
... or am I being too simplistic here ???
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Though there are a few postcodes that PF don't have depots covering them so RM get them. Mostly deep rurals, and postcodes that don't have the Special Next Day service guarantee.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
We take our parcels back to the local post office and the postmaster is saying a lot of parcels we are taking back are too big and should be sent Parcleforce (mainly seem to be Tracked)
I am guessing that the senders are chancing it and the MC and Volumetric acceptance chaps can't be bothered to police it as it causes too much work for them. Hence its passed down to us mugs in delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am guessing that the senders are chancing it and the MC and Volumetric acceptance chaps can't be bothered to police it as it causes too much work for them. Hence its passed down to us mugs in delivery.
Some of them are ridiculous now, in the last few weeks we had a set of car alloy wheels (each one tracked) all with tyres and 4 bar stools
RedBagMan wrote:Simplest thing surely ... anything over a certain size goes with ParcelForce - no reason why RM cannot continue to deliver "sensible" size parcels. What scares me is the RM are trying to be a mail delivery company, a parcel delivery company and a leaflet distribution company - and we end up being pretty mediocre at all three.
ParcelForce exists - RM exists - why don't the hierarchy look at splitting the load in a more sensible way .. and maybe setting up another "leaflet distribution" arm of the company (taking over all these localised leaflet distribution companies) - thus creating three more efficient companies - and keeping the jobs for all ??
... or am I being too simplistic here ???
This is a big point, not only is the focus lost and effecting our service, its effecting the staff too with huge workloads due to doing '3' jobs
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am guessing that the senders are chancing it and the MC and Volumetric acceptance chaps can't be bothered to police it as it causes too much work for them. Hence its passed down to us mugs in delivery.
DGP1 wrote:Maybe instead of cutting deliveries or sending work off to others we could get rid of van share, I know I can take my duty easily in my van but I struggle to fit in both.
And I know that an individual duty is faster than a van share.
Twice as many vans needed? Which is an issue for offices which have issues parking their vans as it is due to lack of space!