Indeed, not the clearest of prose. Probably better to post only when stone cold sober.meercat wrote:TBF your sentence is so clumsily written it's clear why I misunderstood the point you were trying to make. I accept your apology.PistolPete wrote:You may want to read my post again - my apologies if I've not made it clear enough that the sender pays our wages.meercat wrote:PistolPete wrote:
Yes, punishing customers of our customers who pay your wages is a cracking idea! When that customer complains to our customer, do you think our customer may look for an alternative delivery solution?
Who pays our wages??? The POSTER.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Missing package?
-
PistolPete
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 07 Feb 2015, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Missing package?
-
PistolPete
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 07 Feb 2015, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Missing package?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No mind reading needed.
A postie left an item in an unofficial safe place.
The receiver's partner claimed he never got it.
The postie is now using the official and correct processes because of the actions of the partner.
Does it though. It can be read that he likes to piss off all customers when he gets the chance - or - he could be saying that using the correct procedure after a false claim may piss off the customer but its the safest thing to do in future.PistolPete wrote:However. the "I LOVE" in capitals rather gives away the enjoyment gained in pissing off a member of the public.dfubster wrote:
I LOVE punishing people like this!!
Our customer in this scenario would I hope be grateful that we are ensuring the correct customer receives the item, rather than a chance of a claim against them because it was left in an unauthorised location.PistolPete wrote:Yes, punishing customers of our customers who pay your wages is a cracking idea! When that customer complains to our customer, do you think our customer may look for an alternative delivery solution?![]()
Context is the key isn't it.
I guess only the person who wrote the post can explain it's meaning and context despite your attempts to mine its depths. I'm probably a little simple but I tend to take things at face value.
And some advice - using
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Missing package?
It wasn't meant to be pompous, it was to try and signify that I think it's worth thinking about but that you may disagree.
Its the way I have used it since I started on here 8 years ago.
Its the way I have used it since I started on here 8 years ago.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.