If you refuse o/t you remove yourself from the volunteer list regardless of where or what you have rejected.
I believe that, if on attending for work you told your lino that you would be unable to go beyond your hours today as you had made an appointment directly after your duty finished then you could still do your other preshceduled o/t. What they ask you to do could also change from colln to dely, but as i posted earlier if you stipulate colln work and you get dely work you would be in a better position to reject the dely o/t. However as o/t is allocated (in my office at least) on the low to high aggregate hours there is no guarantee you'd get a job. And to be fair if i was in the bookroom i wouldn't give someone else a dely so you could have a colln.
The person with the lowest hours gets the job that attracts the most time.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
is this allowed
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: is this allowed
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: is this allowed
Mate you wanna go home at the end of contract hours do so
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: is this allowed
But not if you have already agreed to work overtime!Creditshampoo wrote:Mate you wanna go home at the end of contract hours do so
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: is this allowed
Sounds like the far too familiar story of Management exploiting the "Work Hungry" Part Timers, especially those with limited experience of RMs rules & regulations!
Love the old "You've got Tuesday off" tactic, never ever changes with these Dinosaur Managers. Is it too much to ask to give these guys a fair chance of a decent day off....Not just bloody Tuesdays.
I understand you probably need the Overtime Pilch, but it looks like you're going to have to take a considerable amount of crap from your DOM in order to get it. A lot of us have been there, some of the lucky ones have managed to get their contracts made up to Full Time. One option is to simply say "I only want to work my contracted hours" and get a second job to make up the difference. Although you may see this as shooting yourself in the food, it will protect you from your DOMs antics. Don't expect him to let it drop at that because he really wants you to be chasing that overtime so he can muck you about on different duties.
If you want to continue chasing the overtime try and get some ground rules agreed with your DOM. I'd go for a genuine rotating day off and ask for 24 hrs notice before you'll swapping your duties. Record your hours and make sure you get paid for them. The good news is that I understand if PTers are covering FT duties it will now be easier to get those guys made up to FT Contracts. Good Luck.
Love the old "You've got Tuesday off" tactic, never ever changes with these Dinosaur Managers. Is it too much to ask to give these guys a fair chance of a decent day off....Not just bloody Tuesdays.
I understand you probably need the Overtime Pilch, but it looks like you're going to have to take a considerable amount of crap from your DOM in order to get it. A lot of us have been there, some of the lucky ones have managed to get their contracts made up to Full Time. One option is to simply say "I only want to work my contracted hours" and get a second job to make up the difference. Although you may see this as shooting yourself in the food, it will protect you from your DOMs antics. Don't expect him to let it drop at that because he really wants you to be chasing that overtime so he can muck you about on different duties.
If you want to continue chasing the overtime try and get some ground rules agreed with your DOM. I'd go for a genuine rotating day off and ask for 24 hrs notice before you'll swapping your duties. Record your hours and make sure you get paid for them. The good news is that I understand if PTers are covering FT duties it will now be easier to get those guys made up to FT Contracts. Good Luck.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: is this allowed
.Dorset Plodder wrote:Sounds like the far too familiar story of Management exploiting the "Work Hungry" Part Timers, especially those with limited experience of RMs rules & regulations!![]()
Love the old "You've got Tuesday off" tactic, never ever changes with these Dinosaur Managers. Is it too much to ask to give these guys a fair chance of a decent day off....Not just bloody Tuesdays.
whatever the duty structures are in your office you should be achieving the same as ft staff ie saturday off monday off whatever day off and in fairness you and others in a similar position should have your own rota so you can see where you are (day off wise)on any given week. A ft duty holder knows what they are doing on monday in 5 weeks time or 20 for that matter and so should you, they know next week is their long weekend and so should you. National agreement covers this and when i say this i mean it does not stipulate ft only it applies to and takes everybody with it.I strongly beilieve what is described is discriminatory. What you, and we, are in pursuit of is fairness and a level playing field which clearly in this case does not exist
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: is this allowed
We know what should be happening BS but we also know what the reality is. This FT v PT system is the most divisive thing every introduced by RM!
You're not likely to get any support from your experienced FTers, to try and improve the status quo, because they're normally the ones benefiting from the system. On the flip side your PTers are normally the more inexperienced posties with less leverage. And it's too easy to intimidate them, simply by threatening to cut any overtime they're offered.
I never ceases to amaze me how many "Little People with Small Minds" work for RM. I'm just glad that I'll never need to depend on most of them to watch my back....because I know they're not going to be there......unless it's to slip the knife in!
You're not likely to get any support from your experienced FTers, to try and improve the status quo, because they're normally the ones benefiting from the system. On the flip side your PTers are normally the more inexperienced posties with less leverage. And it's too easy to intimidate them, simply by threatening to cut any overtime they're offered.
I never ceases to amaze me how many "Little People with Small Minds" work for RM. I'm just glad that I'll never need to depend on most of them to watch my back....because I know they're not going to be there......unless it's to slip the knife in!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: is this allowed
next time you agreed to do overtime tell them your only interested if its on collections etc. and if they ring you up telling you that you have to do overtime on something else which you never agreed to do it on, then o/t cancelled!
we had a guy, whos left now, and he agreed to do packets on his day off. he came in and the managers told him he had to do a walk. he said its packets or nothing. they said he had to walk. he told them hes going home. lol.
we had a guy, whos left now, and he agreed to do packets on his day off. he came in and the managers told him he had to do a walk. he said its packets or nothing. they said he had to walk. he told them hes going home. lol.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: is this allowed
That's the good thing about pressure OT and I've done a similar thing myself, saying I'll only do it if it's such and such or I'm off home.
It's a different situation if it's SA overtime and you have committed to be there and all they have to do is fill those hours with work, any work that needs doing and that you are able to do.
That is one of the reasons why I would never sign for an SA duty. There's enough pressure OT available which I can just take or leave as I like.
It's a different situation if it's SA overtime and you have committed to be there and all they have to do is fill those hours with work, any work that needs doing and that you are able to do.
That is one of the reasons why I would never sign for an SA duty. There's enough pressure OT available which I can just take or leave as I like.