ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Red letter day for postman as he scoops £30K

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Red letter day for postman as he scoops £30K

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Red letter day for postman as he scoops £30K in our big lotto competition

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... s-10332576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was the first-class news postie Stephen Howell had hoped for.

Because he is the first winner in the Birmingham Mail’s biggest-ever £100,000 cash giveaway.

The 52-year-old dad, from Oldbury, has scooped a whopping £30,000.

That was the prize on offer in Week One of our competition with Lotto organisers Camelot.

And he could use the cash towards a deposit for a new house.

“This is pretty good, I have to say,” said Stephen when we broke the news to him.

“I’m a bit flummoxed at the moment, to be honest!”

Stephen, who shares his home with civil servant partner Cynthia and 10-year-old daughter Olivia is the first of our three big winners.

Last week we offered £44,000 towards university fees – and tomorrow we launch our third and final £30,000 competition.

Stephen’s happy news was confirmed after he bought a Lotto ticket and presented three out of five Dream House tokens printed in the Birmingham Mail.

“It’s weird when you find out that you have won that much money,” he confessed.

“I have won other competitions in the Birmingham Mail before, but never a prize as big as this.

“I haven’t told anyone at work yet. I will wait until I’ve cashed the cheque!

“Funnily enough, we have been looking at houses.

“I’d like to stay in Oldbury – I have lived here for 25 years – but I was in Handsworth before that.

“I’ve also been thinking about buying a car and going on holiday.

“It’s a bit of a dilemma but it’s great to have to to make a decision like this.

“Thank you Birmingham Mail, and thank you Camelot. You’ve made my day!”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.