CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:We've got Black Friday to get over before Christmas .....
41 Days to go. Guess who lucked out with leave selection a year ago
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Darren Bent wrote:Think it is started this week judging on parcels workload and marketing push.
Yip been horrendous this week and yet they still insist we will finish on time and to take lapsing, left it on Wednesday and was still over our time by an hour and had someone come out and collect it today after saying we had no chance of finishing our own walk in time without taking lapsing.
Im a newbie so first xmas.
Question, last 4 weeks has been heavy for parcels but now seems to be easing.
Could it be that my customers have finished ordering stuff for xmas or am i dreamng?
franco1 wrote:Im a newbie so first xmas.
Question, last 4 weeks has been heavy for parcels but now seems to be easing.
Could it be that my customers have finished ordering stuff for xmas or am i dreamng?
If you think the last 4 weeks have been heavy, Christmas will shock you.
Packets come in peaks and troughs, if goes very quiet in summer, but then picks up August September and October as the kids go back to school and the Ebayers have some free time. It then tails off till parcel geddon hits around mid November and carries on till 24 Dec. Then January to April is taken up with not many packets but loads of heavy holiday brochures and catalogues.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
franco1 wrote:Do we still get tips at xmas "unofficially"ahem from all the sweet old ladys??
Try learning your trade son and getting to know your customers like putting new light bulbs in , re-tuning free view boxes and that sort of thing before you think about tips ffs
Try learning your trade son and getting to know your customers like putting new light bulbs in , re-tuning free view boxes and that sort of thing before you think about tips ffs
I have rescued a number of cats from trees, helped old ladies cross the road and also helped an old boy complete his crossword puzzle.
I think delivering the post in all weathers should suffice a tip, waitresses get tips and all they do is bring you something to eat/drink and the bill!!
That's what our DOM said on Wednesday,when we had 100 attendance calls on our shared van delivery,first time we have had that much since last Christmas............yet packets were down..
We've been informed that summer lapsing will continue through Christmas, I informed my manager that I won't be working a single minute over my finishing time.
franco1 wrote:Im a newbie so first xmas.
Question, last 4 weeks has been heavy for parcels but now seems to be easing.
Could it be that my customers have finished ordering stuff for xmas or am i dreamng?
If you think the last 4 weeks have been heavy, Christmas will shock you.
Packets come in peaks and troughs, if goes very quiet in summer, but then picks up August September and October as the kids go back to school and the Ebayers have some free time. It then tails off till parcel geddon hits around mid November and carries on till 24 Dec. Then January to April is taken up with not many packets but loads of heavy holiday brochures and catalogues.
If it's anything like last year Amazon started sending stuff back through Royal Mail because they couldn't cope and add in the supposed heavy snow forecast for December, staff shortages and the reluctance of upper management to hire extra vans for packets, this Christmas could be fun.
At ours it started mid-October last year and was fairly heavy right up until the end, although we didn't get as many really late finishes in December as we used to. Last Christmas Eve was a bloody nightmare though...........! .
Sbutts8182 wrote:We've been informed that summer lapsing will continue through Christmas, I informed my manager that I won't be working a single minute over my finishing time.
I'll be doing the same, I've been over around half the days I'm out and would have mucked in over Christmas doing extra hours but I want something in return and I am getting absolutely zero back. There are no swings and roundabouts in my department as managers are keen to stress. Worked in an office before where they would go out of their way to give you a day here or there if you needed it and in return I would come in at short notice on my day off and stayed late up to 7pm on Saturday's clearing parcels and both parties worked for each other, now it's just take take take.