ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think we need bigger vans...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by DB1100 »

woofwoof wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
woofwoof wrote:why is the mail in trays
We use tray's as those silly bag thing's are useless,we used to use 3 or 4 for every loop so the idea of just being able to drop them straight into the pouches on a LWT was an epic fail,ill thought out like most of the idea's from people who have never done delivery.
order more pouches :no no
Why,have you tried putting loaded pouches on a LWT,it's bad enough trying to get some empty pouches on a LWT ,never mind full ones,much better in tray's.
For we were soldiers once,and young
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by NewPostieUK »

But why bother with trays? You don't carry them around with you do you ? I just put the bundles straight into the van (in the correct order) on the occasions I don't fill bags.
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by In The Know »

zx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum
Bore off bore
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by greengiant »

Much easier pulling out a correctly labelled pouch (e.g. driver loop 1) than having to hunt around to see what's in the trays. More so if you are on a P&L route your not all that familiar with.

Still, each to their own.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

In The Know wrote:
zx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum
Bore off bore
:no no :no no
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php

Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.

Please remember everyone is welcome on this site
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by DB1100 »

greengiant wrote:Much easier pulling out a correctly labelled pouch (e.g. driver loop 1) than having to hunt around to see what's in the trays. More so if you are on a P&L route your not all that familiar with.

Still, each to their own.
Thats fine if your loop fits in a pouch,some of our loops would need at least 3 of those pouches,and its just as easy to label a tray.
For we were soldiers once,and young
A2B
Posts: 2025
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by A2B »

Make the loops smaller??? :cuppa
franco1
Posts: 185
Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by franco1 »

Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
A2B
Posts: 2025
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by A2B »

franco1 wrote:Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
Or do as instructed by your employer and if it takes longer so be it
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

A2B wrote:
franco1 wrote:Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
Or do as instructed by your employer and if it takes longer so be it
Or he could just do it whatever way he finds it easiest to access the next portion of his delivery as everyone should.
A2B
Posts: 2025
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by A2B »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:
A2B wrote:
franco1 wrote:Do whatever suits you when it comes to YOUR delivery methods, pouch, tray, or neither its up to you.
Personally i place loops in van without pouch or tray in order, and packets by loop in trays.
Thats what suits me.
Or do as instructed by your employer and if it takes longer so be it
Or he could just do it whatever way he finds it easiest to access the next portion of his delivery as everyone should.
The easiest way to complete my delivery would be to use my car, is that ok?