ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I think we need bigger vans...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

I think we need bigger vans...

Post by wannabeek »

This hasn't happened to me since last December - a singleton duty with a van rammed full to the brim. 18 full trays, 28 large parcels and two full pouches. A trolley too, of course!

It's only October so it should get interesting next month...!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by In The Know »

Mails dropping off :dance like fook is it :no no
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by greengiant »

Could've done with a double decker HCT today :sad:
Had to make do with an overpriced Double Decker from the vending machine instead. :wink:
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum
Last edited by IcanthelpthewayIam on 23 Oct 2015, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by alliasjay »

zx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum

You have some super eyesight if you can see the addresses on those packets, damn
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by wannabeek »

zx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum

Wow that is a serious accusation to me there I believe. Have I previously done something to offend you?

The van is not overloaded by weight, I am fully aware of the weight limits of every vehicle I drive both at work and in private. It was also all stacked and stored in as safe and secure a manner as possible and I would have no fear from having that checked by anyone.

Also, tho original photo was far too hi-res so I photoshopped it and fuzzed it all before uploading it to make it impossible to do what you claim, regarding the labels or the location.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

wannabeek wrote:
zx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum

Wow that is a serious accusation to me there I believe. Have I previously done something to offend you?

The van is not overloaded by weight, I am fully aware of the weight limits of every vehicle I drive both at work and in private. It was also all stacked and stored in as safe and secure a manner as possible and I would have no fear from having that checked by anyone.

Also, tho original photo was far too hi-res so I photoshopped it and fuzzed it all before uploading it to make it impossible to do what you claim, regarding the labels or the location.

No not offended me I slightest just some advice as for fuzzing it up I can quite clearly make out a post code by zooming in, as could other people you may not wish to do so

as for vehicle weights, 18 full trays plus 2 pouches is about the maximum for that vehicle, royal mails guidance is maximum number of pouches, your large packets and trolley will take you over the max weight for that vehicle
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by eric the viking »

zx135 wrote:
wannabeek wrote:
zx135 wrote:couple of issues that van is seriously over loaded, you do realise you can get penalty points from police if pulled over and weight checked and is found to be over weight

secondly probably not a good idea to take pictures of mail with addresses visible and then post on a public forum

Wow that is a serious accusation to me there I believe. Have I previously done something to offend you?

The van is not overloaded by weight, I am fully aware of the weight limits of every vehicle I drive both at work and in private. It was also all stacked and stored in as safe and secure a manner as possible and I would have no fear from having that checked by anyone.

Also, tho original photo was far too hi-res so I photoshopped it and fuzzed it all before uploading it to make it impossible to do what you claim, regarding the labels or the location.


No not offended me I slightest just some advice as for fuzzing it up I can quite clearly make out a post code by zooming in, as could other people you may not wish to do so

as for vehicle weights, 18 full trays plus 2 pouches is about the maximum for that vehicle, royal mails guidance is maximum number of pouches, your large packets and trolley will take you over the max weight for that vehicle
Given all that you say, if true, then I think he needs a bigger van. Oh , hang on that's where we started. :Very Happy
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by eastie »

I had to cut off 2 loops on Wednesday as we couldn't fit them in the Vauxhall Combi
The DOM wasn't impressed and he had to check,
His face was a picture :dance
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by woofwoof »

why is the mail in trays
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by DB1100 »

woofwoof wrote:why is the mail in trays
We use tray's as those silly bag thing's are useless,we used to use 3 or 4 for every loop so the idea of just being able to drop them straight into the pouches on a LWT was an epic fail,ill thought out like most of the idea's from people who have never done delivery.
For we were soldiers once,and young
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by woofwoof »

DB1100 wrote:
woofwoof wrote:why is the mail in trays
We use tray's as those silly bag thing's are useless,we used to use 3 or 4 for every loop so the idea of just being able to drop them straight into the pouches on a LWT was an epic fail,ill thought out like most of the idea's from people who have never done delivery.
order more pouches :no no
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by k979aaa »

Where is your trolley btw? but these tits planning all this have no idea how it looks in practice they should play Tetris on their PC's as they have no idea how a delivery really is these days!
franco1
Posts: 185
Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
Gender: Male

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by franco1 »

-Breaking News-
It has just been announced what the Official Royal Mail 2016 new van replacements will look like.
Experts have come up with this innovative design that can not only deal with the decline in mail but also the increase in packet items.
RM experts have cunningly come up with a solution which allows the jolly postman to now have time to not only deliver the mail but also to spend time with his family as the new design allows for "compact modern home from home living".
Features include a bed for three, fridge, cooker, and crapper, "so theres no need to pee in your customers garden anymore".
RM experts are well chuffed, especially after finishing off the last batch of magic mushrooms and are now looking forward to designing the 2017 HTC which will incorporate into its design front and rear light, left and right indicators and rear mirror "for reversing around those tricky corners".
Image
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: I think we need bigger vans...

Post by 5plusbonusball »

just a few shelves would be nice, to store empties, returns and specials etc.
After a few corners you have to rearrange everything!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??