At the extreme end of the scale I saw a Yodel driver who was attempting delivery to neighbour pound the bottom half of somebody's door with his boot, complete lack of respect, I think he was a bit miffed though because they only get paid when they deliver.ThatsNotPlumb wrote:I knock the door like a policeman, side of a closed fist with 3 bangs. Not had any complaints..![]()
That I know off...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Petty complaints
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
had a card left on fri missed del from hermes again missed on sat wife was in house no knock at door just card put through letterbox. wife e. mailed amazon to compain delivered 20 mins later 
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
last christmas i walked up to a customer's door which was left slightly open, so i leaned down and dropped the letters through against the wall. as i was walking down the drive the woman came out and started yelling saying could i not throw her mail through the door. i just said i hadn't thrown them in at all and walked off, and she shouted "here's a christmas tip for you, be a better postman". in fairness i think she had some kind of condition because i often saw carers going into the house and the man there was always friendly.
i also like the people who come to the door after you've knocked 3 times and started filling in the card, and say "sorry, i didn't hear you knock". why did you come to the door then?
i also like the people who come to the door after you've knocked 3 times and started filling in the card, and say "sorry, i didn't hear you knock". why did you come to the door then?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
Confucius say... If a postman knocks, but there is no one else to observe it, does the knock make a sound?stan_lers wrote:last christmas i walked up to a customer's door which was left slightly open, so i leaned down and dropped the letters through against the wall. as i was walking down the drive the woman came out and started yelling saying could i not throw her mail through the door. i just said i hadn't thrown them in at all and walked off, and she shouted "here's a christmas tip for you, be a better postman". in fairness i think she had some kind of condition because i often saw carers going into the house and the man there was always friendly.
i also like the people who come to the door after you've knocked 3 times and started filling in the card, and say "sorry, i didn't hear you knock". why did you come to the door then?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
You can never win with these twats.
I Knock & Ring and immediately start writing out a docket (if there's no sign of life i.e windows open, music blasting, Jeremy Kyle on 50" Plasma)
I keep Knocking & Ringing until I've finished writing the docket, endorsed the packet and finished with the scanner. So in total they've had about 2 mins to get out of their pit! If I get any grief I just say, "Yeah Yeah, Good Morning, Have a Nice Day, Cheerio" and just walk off. The world's full of Victor Meldrews, and I can't be arsed to argue with them
I keep Knocking & Ringing until I've finished writing the docket, endorsed the packet and finished with the scanner. So in total they've had about 2 mins to get out of their pit! If I get any grief I just say, "Yeah Yeah, Good Morning, Have a Nice Day, Cheerio" and just walk off. The world's full of Victor Meldrews, and I can't be arsed to argue with them
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
:) :) :)greengiant wrote:
Confucius say... If a postman knocks, but there is no one else to observe it, does the knock make a sound?
There is no standard smiley face option?
-
buzzboy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 10:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Petty complaints
That open door situation reminds me of something that happened to me about 3 months ago ....the door was open a jar the guy was in his front room cleaning his windows , I said hello dropped the letters through the gap between the door and frame and then he goes "oh no for F**k sake youve just dropped them in my bucket of water ! why dont you just use the letter box like your supposed to ? thats the 3rd time thats happened !" I said sorry but I was silently killing my self inside trying not to crack a smile or just laugh at the guy .