fishtank wrote:The business (and the union) has yet to come up with a solution to the problem of an ageing workforce and increased physical outdoor workload.
The escape tunnel used to be indoor work like the mailcentre or locker duties but that's no longer an option in most cases, It looks like their preferrred option is to push long serving staff so far that they quit. Scum management the lot of them.
Dave Ward was asked, the aging workforce question.In a- ask me anything, live Facebook chat.His answer- there will be more chance of buy down's in the future.
So we can start later, and have the same arguments about leaving in/finishing on time?
There is no argument over your finishing time.Don't get into arguments about what you are leaving in.We in our office, fell into the same trap you must be doing now.
You either work in a very small office, or you all have a Midwich Cuckoo type thing going on. I get what you're saying, but there is and always will be.
To be honest, I left my comment short; but 5plusbonus finished it. Buy downs won't work, as the wear and tear is outdoor. It is each to his own, but walk prepping and IPS is easy money. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy down.
I would settle for buy down.
Go down to 20hrs either 3 days a week or week on week off.
Few already doing it in our office.
fishtank wrote:The business (and the union) has yet to come up with a solution to the problem of an ageing workforce and increased physical outdoor workload.
The escape tunnel used to be indoor work like the mailcentre or locker duties but that's no longer an option in most cases, It looks like their preferrred option is to push long serving staff so far that they quit. Scum management the lot of them.
Dave Ward was asked, the aging workforce question.In a- ask me anything, live Facebook chat.His answer- there will be more chance of buy down's in the future.
So we can start later, and have the same arguments about leaving in/finishing on time?
There is no argument over your finishing time.Don't get into arguments about what you are leaving in.We in our office, fell into the same trap you must be doing now.
You either work in a very small office, or you all have a Midwich Cuckoo type thing going on. I get what you're saying, but there is and always will be.
To be honest, I left my comment short; but 5plusbonus finished it. Buy downs won't work, as the wear and tear is outdoor. It is each to his own, but walk prepping and IPS is easy money. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy down.
I work in a large office.Where half the folk tell, not ask, that they'll be finishing on time.The rest either want the over time or,are are early start, break skipper, types.
Just passing on the info about Dave Ward's comments.Most on delivery know there's a problem.Walking 50 miles a week isn't sustainable. Dave also mentioned, an extra annual leave week can now be bought as extra leave.Meaning 7 weeks maximum leave.
fishtank wrote:The business (and the union) has yet to come up with a solution to the problem of an ageing workforce and increased physical outdoor workload.
The escape tunnel used to be indoor work like the mailcentre or locker duties but that's no longer an option in most cases, It looks like their preferrred option is to push long serving staff so far that they quit. Scum management the lot of them.
Dave Ward was asked, the aging workforce question.In a- ask me anything, live Facebook chat.His answer- there will be more chance of buy down's in the future.
So we can start later, and have the same arguments about leaving in/finishing on time?
There is no argument over your finishing time.Don't get into arguments about what you are leaving in.We in our office, fell into the same trap you must be doing now.
You either work in a very small office, or you all have a Midwich Cuckoo type thing going on. I get what you're saying, but there is and always will be.
To be honest, I left my comment short; but 5plusbonus finished it. Buy downs won't work, as the wear and tear is outdoor. It is each to his own, but walk prepping and IPS is easy money. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy down.
I work in a large office.Where half the folk tell, not ask, that they'll be finishing on time.The rest either want the over time or,are are early start, break skipper, types.
Just passing on the info about Dave Ward's comments.Most on delivery know there's a problem.Walking 50 miles a week isn't sustainable. Dave also mentioned, an extra annual leave week can now be bought as extra leave.Meaning 7 weeks maximum leave.
I appreciate that. We tell too, but then get followed with "whys, whats, ifs, and how comes". Eventually someone loses patience. A management ploy I guess.
I'd say we're at 50 miles and up at ours, with the added bonus of boxes to open. Betting has already started on who'll be the first to get a P.O to clear.
If Dave's giving himself a pat for this extra week we can buy, that's up to him; for the intense workload we have now, we should be getting more basic A/L than any firm out there.
fishtank wrote:The business (and the union) has yet to come up with a solution to the problem of an ageing workforce and increased physical outdoor workload.
The escape tunnel used to be indoor work like the mailcentre or locker duties but that's no longer an option in most cases, It looks like their preferrred option is to push long serving staff so far that they quit. Scum management the lot of them.
Dave Ward was asked, the aging workforce question.In a- ask me anything, live Facebook chat.His answer- there will be more chance of buy down's in the future.
So we can start later, and have the same arguments about leaving in/finishing on time?
There is no argument over your finishing time.Don't get into arguments about what you are leaving in.We in our office, fell into the same trap you must be doing now.
You either work in a very small office, or you all have a Midwich Cuckoo type thing going on. I get what you're saying, but there is and always will be.
To be honest, I left my comment short; but 5plusbonus finished it. Buy downs won't work, as the wear and tear is outdoor. It is each to his own, but walk prepping and IPS is easy money. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy down.
I would settle for buy down.
Go down to 20hrs either 3 days a week or week on week off.
Few already doing it in our office.
If it's a big enough wage to sustain your life on, then it's great for the people concerned. But not only is it cutting hours out the D.O's for the benefit of higher ups, it's a sad state we're in when we have to do it to maintain a working life. Our walks were maxed out before the revision, now they're well over. The corner cutters are struggling, the quieter types are staying quiet and all we're getting is "Everyone else is getting it done." Something, somewhere is going to break I'm sure.
fishtank wrote:The business (and the union) has yet to come up with a solution to the problem of an ageing workforce and increased physical outdoor workload.
The escape tunnel used to be indoor work like the mailcentre or locker duties but that's no longer an option in most cases, It looks like their preferrred option is to push long serving staff so far that they quit. Scum management the lot of them.
Dave Ward was asked, the aging workforce question.In a- ask me anything, live Facebook chat.His answer- there will be more chance of buy down's in the future.
So we can start later, and have the same arguments about leaving in/finishing on time?
There is no argument over your finishing time.Don't get into arguments about what you are leaving in.We in our office, fell into the same trap you must be doing now.
You either work in a very small office, or you all have a Midwich Cuckoo type thing going on. I get what you're saying, but there is and always will be.
To be honest, I left my comment short; but 5plusbonus finished it. Buy downs won't work, as the wear and tear is outdoor. It is each to his own, but walk prepping and IPS is easy money. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy down.
I work in a large office.Where half the folk tell, not ask, that they'll be finishing on time.The rest either want the over time or,are are early start, break skipper, types.
Just passing on the info about Dave Ward's comments.Most on delivery know there's a problem.Walking 50 miles a week isn't sustainable. Dave also mentioned, an extra annual leave week can now be bought as extra leave.Meaning 7 weeks maximum leave.
I appreciate that. We tell too, but then get followed with "whys, whats, ifs, and how comes". Eventually someone loses patience. A management ploy I guess.
I'd say we're at 50 miles and up at ours, with the added bonus of boxes to open. Betting has already started on who'll be the first to get a P.O to clear.
If Dave's giving himself a pat for this extra week we can buy, that's up to him; for the intense workload we have now, we should be getting more basic A/L than any firm out there.
Agreed...and the miles will get bigger when they bring in bench merging. It's reached the ridiculous stage where, the union is fighting to keep a 6 day a week service, and Ofcom want a 4 day a week service. I think a few on delivery would be on Ofcom's side.Take pay offs and those that stay, work 4 days a week.
fishtank wrote:The business (and the union) has yet to come up with a solution to the problem of an ageing workforce and increased physical outdoor workload.
The escape tunnel used to be indoor work like the mailcentre or locker duties but that's no longer an option in most cases, It looks like their preferrred option is to push long serving staff so far that they quit. Scum management the lot of them.
Dave Ward was asked, the aging workforce question.In a- ask me anything, live Facebook chat.His answer- there will be more chance of buy down's in the future.
So we can start later, and have the same arguments about leaving in/finishing on time?
There is no argument over your finishing time.Don't get into arguments about what you are leaving in.We in our office, fell into the same trap you must be doing now.
You either work in a very small office, or you all have a Midwich Cuckoo type thing going on. I get what you're saying, but there is and always will be.
To be honest, I left my comment short; but 5plusbonus finished it. Buy downs won't work, as the wear and tear is outdoor. It is each to his own, but walk prepping and IPS is easy money. I can't understand why anyone would want to buy down.
I would settle for buy down.
Go down to 20hrs either 3 days a week or week on week off.
Few already doing it in our office.
If it's a big enough wage to sustain your life on, then it's great for the people concerned. But not only is it cutting hours out the D.O's for the benefit of higher ups, it's a sad state we're in when we have to do it to maintain a working life. Our walks were maxed out before the revision, now they're well over. The corner cutters are struggling, the quieter types are staying quiet and all we're getting is "Everyone else is getting it done." Something, somewhere is going to break I'm sure.
I am 55 and want out.
Sadly have not got enough seniority (18years) to get evr.
Buy down would make sense to me (and many more in the same age group) who are finding the job harder and harder.
I have under 5 years to go but genuinely do not know if I can carry on doing 13-14 miles a day 5 days a week.
You are right something is going to break. Me
slinder123 wrote:evr is only for over 55s so unless you have hundreds over 55 in your office you dont need seniority it will only depend on date of birth
Why hundreds. Only 5 offered last time and that went on seniority only.
Sadly most over 55 in our office are waiting for the next batch of evr.
The last lot who got it were all over 25 years service.
slinder123 wrote:evr is only for over 55s so unless you have hundreds over 55 in your office you dont need seniority it will only depend on date of birth
Why hundreds. Only 5 offered last time and that went on seniority only.
Sadly most over 55 in our office are waiting for the next batch of evr.
The last lot who got it were all over 25 years service.
The higher ups have seen their mistake - Paying people off with 30 odd grand only to have to replace them because they've cut too much - so another batch of evr's is going to be a miracle.
cyrus wrote:
Just passing on the info about Dave Ward's comments.Most on delivery know there's a problem.Walking 50 miles a week isn't sustainable. Dave also mentioned, an extra annual leave week can now be bought as extra leave.Meaning 7 weeks maximum leave.
Is this seventh week leave that you can purchase available now or yet to be agreed?
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
The higher ups have seen their mistake - Paying people off with 30 odd grand only to have to replace them because they've cut too much - so another batch of evr's is going to be a miracle.
I don't think they have made a mistake. Paying off long serving full timers and replacing them with part timers is cheaper in the long run, and I think there will be many more EVR/VRs to come over the next few years.
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
The higher ups have seen their mistake - Paying people off with 30 odd grand only to have to replace them because they've cut too much - so another batch of evr's is going to be a miracle.
I don't think they have made a mistake. Paying off long serving full timers and replacing them with part timers is cheaper in the long run, and I think there will be many more EVR/VRs to come over the next few years.
One of our higher ups believes in hindsight it was a mistake.
cyrus wrote:
Just passing on the info about Dave Ward's comments.Most on delivery know there's a problem.Walking 50 miles a week isn't sustainable. Dave also mentioned, an extra annual leave week can now be bought as extra leave.Meaning 7 weeks maximum leave.
Is this seventh week leave that you can purchase available now or yet to be agreed?
Sorry I can't remember if the union is pushing for it or it's agreed.The question's on Dave Ward's page, were coming so fast it was hard to read.
slinder123 wrote:evr is only for over 55s so unless you have hundreds over 55 in your office you dont need seniority it will only depend on date of birth
we have had two leave recently out of the 10, two who where both under 55,one 51 the other 52,in fact I could have gone under evr at 49/
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.