ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stiffing mail....advise please
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
It just takes security to do a random check and they'll be away.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
That's a fair point DGP......... BUT when was the last time that happened? I've not known a random check in the last 6 years. I presume, like everything else. that corners are being cut and this is just another one! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
If the new PDAs send a GPS location every so often, they could just check the GPS locationDorset Plodder wrote:That's a fair point DGP......... BUT when was the last time that happened? I've not known a random check in the last 6 years. I presume, like everything else. that corners are being cut and this is just another one!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
I'm not really bothered about being tracked because I do my job properly, they'd only discover what I've been telling them for ages. THE WALKS ARE TOO BIG! However what we were discussing was Idle Bastards bringing back all the "Difficult to Deliver Mail" i.e Top Flats, Isolated Farms & Cottages, Very Long Gravel Drives etc.
Out of interest have you worked in Delivery before SP, you seem to have a lot of ideas about how the job should be done?
Out of interest have you worked in Delivery before SP, you seem to have a lot of ideas about how the job should be done?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
The tracking would show if they've actually attempted the deliveryDorset Plodder wrote:I'm not really bothered about being tracked because I do my job properly, they'd only discover what I've been telling them for ages. THE WALKS ARE TOO BIG! However what we were discussing was Idle Bastards bringing back all the "Difficult to Deliver Mail" i.e Top Flats, Isolated Farms & Cottages, Very Long Gravel Drives etc.![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
SpacePhoenix wrote: The tracking would show if they've actually attempted the delivery
Only if they scanned it. If they wanted to slope it then they won't scan it and they only way they'll be caught and correctly blamed is via the RFID scanners. As even with tracked items, the new parcels won't be assigned to a duty, the unscrupulous posties have plenty of options to obscure and bypass the system. There will never be a 100% end to end scanning system in RM as it will be too expensive and operationally inefficient, so scan lite is the new way of keeping the customers feeling like there are in the information loop.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
The newer barcodes have the address as part of the barcode so it won't be hard to work out who should have attempted delivery. Like it or not parcel scanning is coming end to end in RDCs, MCs, DOs and more then likely out on delivery as wellTrueBlueTerrier wrote:SpacePhoenix wrote: The tracking would show if they've actually attempted the delivery
Only if they scanned it. If they wanted to slope it then they won't scan it and they only way they'll be caught and correctly blamed is via the RFID scanners. As even with tracked items, the new parcels won't be assigned to a duty, the unscrupulous posties have plenty of options to obscure and bypass the system. There will never be a 100% end to end scanning system in RM as it will be too expensive and operationally inefficient, so scan lite is the new way of keeping the customers feeling like there are in the information loop.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
The new scanners will have the ability to record GPS location every second. It's no different to a smartphone essentially. This data could then be offloaded when back in the craddle allowing the powers that be to see where you've been and at what time. Unless there's open disclosure I doubt they could act on it however.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:SpacePhoenix wrote: The tracking would show if they've actually attempted the delivery
Only if they scanned it. If they wanted to slope it then they won't scan it and they only way they'll be caught and correctly blamed is via the RFID scanners. As even with tracked items, the new parcels won't be assigned to a duty, the unscrupulous posties have plenty of options to obscure and bypass the system. There will never be a 100% end to end scanning system in RM as it will be too expensive and operationally inefficient, so scan lite is the new way of keeping the customers feeling like there are in the information loop.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
Tracking makes no difference to this issue tho. Postie A pretends there is no mail for farm A and hides the letter, leaving it for postie B. The tracking will show that Postie A didn't go there and postie B did. So what? The letter wasn't tracked.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
It will do if it's endorsed dog loose or any of the various other excuses usedwannabeek wrote:Tracking makes no difference to this issue tho. Postie A pretends there is no mail for farm A and hides the letter, leaving it for postie B. The tracking will show that Postie A didn't go there and postie B did. So what? The letter wasn't tracked.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
But what difference would this tracking make in the instance you describe?
lino: 'The tracking shows you didn't go down that desolate lane and you've written 'Dog loose' on that letter.'
Postie A: 'No, there was a dog loose'
Lino: 'Oh, ok. Good thing that Postie B went the next day with it.'
Tracking each postie has no effect on stiffing the mail so far as I can see.
lino: 'The tracking shows you didn't go down that desolate lane and you've written 'Dog loose' on that letter.'
Postie A: 'No, there was a dog loose'
Lino: 'Oh, ok. Good thing that Postie B went the next day with it.'
Tracking each postie has no effect on stiffing the mail so far as I can see.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
If they've made no attempt to even go near the address then obviously it would show up! Have a block of flats in our office which are in a bit of a no mans land, duty holder delivers it, cover endorses no access without attempting delivery, things like that will show IF the manager can be bothered to lookwannabeek wrote:But what difference would this tracking make in the instance you describe?
lino: 'The tracking shows you didn't go down that desolate lane and you've written 'Dog loose' on that letter.'
Postie A: 'No, there was a dog loose'
Lino: 'Oh, ok. Good thing that Postie B went the next day with it.'
Tracking each postie has no effect on stiffing the mail so far as I can see.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
Hmm. Lazy postie A only has to drive-by for a 10 sec job and say there was a dog loose, or deliver the mail for a 4 min job.
I just think that you can't rely on this new tech to stop this problem. I just don't see how it could.
I just think that you can't rely on this new tech to stop this problem. I just don't see how it could.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Stiffing mail....advise please
Personally I can't wait for this new Tech to track all packets!
At present there's a VERY BIG imbalance in some of the duties in my DO. When "Discussing" over running procedure, the same Idiot DOM keeps quoting the Traffic Figures and quoting from the the "Little Book of Bullshit"!
I keep telling him all you can actually "Track" to my Walk is Mech Mail, Tracked Items and Specials! But he keeps waffling on about traffic figures. Yes but that's for the Entire Office you Dickhead!
Some guys are wheeling a Yorks full of packets to their frames and some can manage with an armful. The imbalance is ridiculous! So once they start tracking all packets to the Duty/Walk the better IMO.
I keep telling him all you can actually "Track" to my Walk is Mech Mail, Tracked Items and Specials! But he keeps waffling on about traffic figures. Yes but that's for the Entire Office you Dickhead!
Some guys are wheeling a Yorks full of packets to their frames and some can manage with an armful. The imbalance is ridiculous! So once they start tracking all packets to the Duty/Walk the better IMO.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Stiffing mail....advise please
I know it's an old thread I'm resurrecting, hope that's ok.
Anybody got experience of confronting a colleague about consistently stiffing mail? Say that on the IPS you sort a recognisable item to a postie's duty yet it reappears mixed in with the next day's mail when you're on that duty the next day? And this happens a lot on that duty with that same address.
I'm not sure if it's worth saying anything or not. Certainly wouldn't tell management as they are largely nonexistent and would not care about one remote call being regularly delayed a day.
I know some have said to just stiff it right back again at them, but I like to do the job properly and re-stiffing that mail is not one of the options I would do myself.
By the way, before anybody asks, no - delivering that one letter does not make me go over, not would it him. It's just an irritation is all, which I could do without.
Anybody got experience of confronting a colleague about consistently stiffing mail? Say that on the IPS you sort a recognisable item to a postie's duty yet it reappears mixed in with the next day's mail when you're on that duty the next day? And this happens a lot on that duty with that same address.
I'm not sure if it's worth saying anything or not. Certainly wouldn't tell management as they are largely nonexistent and would not care about one remote call being regularly delayed a day.
I know some have said to just stiff it right back again at them, but I like to do the job properly and re-stiffing that mail is not one of the options I would do myself.
By the way, before anybody asks, no - delivering that one letter does not make me go over, not would it him. It's just an irritation is all, which I could do without.