ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anger as post delayed by up to 10 days in Redbridge

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Anger as post delayed by up to 10 days in Redbridge

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/an ... _1_4237426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail has apologised to customers and said it is dealing with staff shortages at both Ilford and Debden sorting offices.

More than 20 readers have come forward saying they have experienced problems after Julie Lamack, who lives in The Lowe, Chigwell, said her son almost missed his school trip to France after passport information for his journey arrived five days after it was sent.

One man from Fullwell Avenue, Clayhall, said: “I was waiting for a travel insurance document and I was getting no post at all. It’s a disaster. “When I managed to get through Royal Mail last Thursday, they told me they would right to me and I said ‘how are you going to do that if I’m not getting any post?’

“On Saturday morning, a great bundle of post was delivered, which was about four or five days of post. But I have had nothing since, that is about 14 days with just one delivery.”

Clare, who lives on a farm in the IG7 area did not receive any post for 10 days when she was waiting for a present for her friend’s birthday to be delivered and had to give her only half of her gift.

Another customer, of Robert Close, Chigwell, who did not want to be named, said: “It was about half past 10 and I thought someone was trying to get into my house but it was a letter going through the door!”

A spokeswoman from Royal Mail said: “Royal Mail apologises to customers who have been experiencing some issues with their mail deliveries in some areas of Ilford recently.

“This has been due to staff shortages in the office. We have put contingency plans in place, which include drafting in extra resource and employing a number of new staff who will join us within the next few weeks, to resolve the matter as quickly as we possibly can.”

Royal Mail’s policy is to aim to deliver First Class items the next working day. If the item is not received within 10 or more working days after the due delivery date, customers can claim compensation.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Anger as post delayed by up to 10 days in Redbridge

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/an ... _1_4237426

Royal Mail has apologised to customers and said it is dealing with staff shortages at both Ilford and Debden sorting offices.

More than 20 readers have come forward saying they have experienced problems after Julie Lamack, who lives in The Lowe, Chigwell, said her son almost missed his school trip to France after passport information for his journey arrived five days after it was sent.

One man from Fullwell Avenue, Clayhall, said: “I was waiting for a travel insurance document and I was getting no post at all. It’s a disaster. “When I managed to get through Royal Mail last Thursday, they told me they would right to me and I said ‘how are you going to do that if I’m not getting any post?’

“On Saturday morning, a great bundle of post was delivered, which was about four or five days of post. But I have had nothing since, that is about 14 days with just one delivery.”

Clare, who lives on a farm in the IG7 area did not receive any post for 10 days when she was waiting for a present for her friend’s birthday to be delivered and had to give her only half of her gift.

Another customer, of Robert Close, Chigwell, who did not want to be named, said: “It was about half past 10 and I thought someone was trying to get into my house but it was a letter going through the door!”

A spokeswoman from Royal Mail said: “Royal Mail apologises to customers who have been experiencing some issues with their mail deliveries in some areas of Ilford recently.

“This has been due to staff shortages in the office. We have put contingency plans in place, which include drafting in extra resource and employing a number of new staff who will join us within the next few weeks, to resolve the matter as quickly as we possibly can.”

Royal Mail’s policy is to aim to deliver First Class items the next working day. If the item is not received within 10 or more working days after the due delivery date, customers can claim compensation.
Sorry, but when I see a newspaper publishing infantile mistakes like that I kind of lose the meaning of the article....
jeffwhu
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Oct 2015, 10:17
Gender: Male

Re: Anger as post delayed by up to 10 days in Redbridge

Post by jeffwhu »

Hi

I'm new to this forum, my post which is delivered from Debden sorting office is taking an unacceptable time to reach me, currently waiting for some parts ordered last week for a racing competition tomorrow ( sat 3/10/15 ) without them there is no racing for me tomorrow :sad: .
Why cant royal mail give me a phone number for my local sorting office so I can go to pick it up myself?.
Why do I have to pay for such a rubbish service, Royal Mail hang your head in shame.
excuses like under staffed or illness is just not a good enough excuse to me, why cant a postman be drafted in from a different office?
Service is getting as bad as Hermes, and that IS saying something.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Anger as post delayed by up to 10 days in Redbridge

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jeffwhu wrote:Why cant royal mail give me a phone number for my local sorting office
They do http://www.royalmail.com/delivery-and-c ... ice-finder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Delivery Office for IG10 3UF
Debden Delivery Office
Unit 6b
Imprimo Park, Lenthall Road, Loughton IG10 3UF

Customer service telephone: 03456 021 021

They even give you a map Image
jeffwhu wrote: so I can go to pick it up myself?.
The NATIONAL policy is that they won't be able to............. but go there with a smile on your face and an friendly demeanour (the staff don't deserve any flack, the managers do) and they MAY be able to help. But if the back log is large and they are storing the items all over the office then the chances of a successful trip for you is probably very small.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.