ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Teesside post box thefts continue as another is stolen

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Teesside post box thefts continue as another is stolen

Post by POSTMAN »

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... e-10078029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cleveland Police has had a number of reports of similar thefts in the last few months in Nunthorpe and Coulby Newham area

Police are hunting for the thief who stole a post box.

In the latest in a string of similar incidents, the small post box was taken from Seamer Road, near Stainton, Middlesbrough sometime between Tuesday at 1pm and Wednesday at 1pm.

Cleveland Police has had a number of reports of similar thefts in the last few months in the Nunthorpe and Coulby Newham area.

Pat Burton, resident of Seamer Road, said :”On Tuesday morning I went out to post a letter and it had gone I couldn’t believe it.

“I spoke to our postman this morning and he reckoned they take them for the scrap metal but I don’t know if that’s right.

“The next one is down in Stainton. We have a lot of elderly people here and there are no buses here now.

“I feel sorry for the elderly because it is quite a walk. Anyone who posted anything on the evening or early in the morning, it will have gone. I don’t know if those people know if it’s gone yet.”

Anyone with information on these incidents is asked to contact Cleveland Police on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively please contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Anyone with concerns about items of mail should contact the Royal Mail Customer Services Department on 0345 774 0740.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.