ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
meal relief
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: meal relief
clearly the planning element of the revision has failed or more likely your DOM and lino are hoping you will overcome this really quite significant problem.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
PostieBlue
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 06:50
- Gender: Female
Re: meal relief
I am entitled to my break, i will do what i want in that time as long as it is not illegal or against rm policies (i dont smoke in the van).BarnsleyLackey wrote:Smoking is a vice. If you take it up and need time away from the job you're paid to do, then it should come off your break.bogstandard wrote:i'm an ex smoker of 20+ years, not a mad reformed ex smoker, just someone who doesn't anymore. Now i can handle the smoke when they are smoking but when they come back from the fag break its a different smell so why not go away for 2 mins citing the smell, or if like me you don't mind the smell when they are having the fag go with them and be sort of close.
I don't think smokers should be penalised for smoking or going for a cigarette
Kindly get off your high horse.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
PostieBlue wrote:I am entitled to my break, i will do what i want in that time as long as it is not illegal or against rm policies (i dont smoke in the van).BarnsleyLackey wrote:Smoking is a vice. If you take it up and need time away from the job you're paid to do, then it should come off your break.bogstandard wrote:i'm an ex smoker of 20+ years, not a mad reformed ex smoker, just someone who doesn't anymore. Now i can handle the smoke when they are smoking but when they come back from the fag break its a different smell so why not go away for 2 mins citing the smell, or if like me you don't mind the smell when they are having the fag go with them and be sort of close.
I don't think smokers should be penalised for smoking or going for a cigarette
Kindly get off your high horse.
No-one is saying you're not entitled to your break, or you can't do what you want with it. You get 40 mins as a fulltimer, so if you want to nip out for a smoke during prep and sorting time, it should come off your break. If I go for a cuppa during the same time, then it comes off my break.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
not your problem, take your break and if that causes issues let the managers sort it outrambo1 wrote:So if I have meal relief 20 mins before going out, my partner comes in and has to take meal relief before they even start! How's that suppose to work?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32811
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
Attendance length............total breaks..... probable pattern
Less than 2 hours 30 minutes none (a 10 min grace break should be provided if work permits)
2 hours 30 to 3 hours................10 mins.................. 10
3 hours 1 to 3 hours 30..... .......15 mins....................15
3 hours 31 to 4 hours 59..... .......20 mins.................. 20
5 hours to 7 hours................... 30 mins...................30
7 hours 1 to 8 hours 59..... .......40 mins..............40 or 20 + 20
9 hours to 10 hours 59...............50 mins................30 + 20
11 hours to 12 hours 59..... .......60 mins............. 40 + 20 or 30 + 30
13 hours or longer..... ..............70 mins..................40 + 30
Less than 2 hours 30 minutes none (a 10 min grace break should be provided if work permits)
2 hours 30 to 3 hours................10 mins.................. 10
3 hours 1 to 3 hours 30..... .......15 mins....................15
3 hours 31 to 4 hours 59..... .......20 mins.................. 20
5 hours to 7 hours................... 30 mins...................30
7 hours 1 to 8 hours 59..... .......40 mins..............40 or 20 + 20
9 hours to 10 hours 59...............50 mins................30 + 20
11 hours to 12 hours 59..... .......60 mins............. 40 + 20 or 30 + 30
13 hours or longer..... ..............70 mins..................40 + 30
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
PostieBlue
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 05 May 2015, 06:50
- Gender: Female
Re: meal relief
Yes I did realise I'd misread it and posted a bit hastily there. I apologise. I usually have a smoke with my break at the office, a smoke in my break out on delivery and if I'm a passenger that day I have a quick smoke while waiting to be picked up. Tbh I think most passengers who smoke do this, atleast in my office, which is why I actually prefer working with smokers if I'm the driver, they're usually happy for the little extra time it takes me to pick them up, non-smokers I always imagine just tapping their foot waiting to see the van roll around the corner.BarnsleyLackey wrote:PostieBlue wrote:I am entitled to my break, i will do what i want in that time as long as it is not illegal or against rm policies (i dont smoke in the van).BarnsleyLackey wrote:Smoking is a vice. If you take it up and need time away from the job you're paid to do, then it should come off your break.bogstandard wrote:i'm an ex smoker of 20+ years, not a mad reformed ex smoker, just someone who doesn't anymore. Now i can handle the smoke when they are smoking but when they come back from the fag break its a different smell so why not go away for 2 mins citing the smell, or if like me you don't mind the smell when they are having the fag go with them and be sort of close.
I don't think smokers should be penalised for smoking or going for a cigarette
Kindly get off your high horse.
No-one is saying you're not entitled to your break, or you can't do what you want with it. You get 40 mins as a fulltimer, so if you want to nip out for a smoke during prep and sorting time, it should come off your break. If I go for a cuppa during the same time, then it comes off my break.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: meal relief
You give up a break to save 15 minutes walking? I'd personally take the break and if not having a lift out means it takes longer then it's cut-off timesalomon wrote:Seriously tempted to take up smoking, they're the only ones I see sat down. It's impossible to take a break before delivery as I would miss my lift out and then have to walk the mile to the start, it's bad enough trudging back. But I do try to take a break while out except no toilets on my round so daren't drink too much,lol