Well I won't just roll over and eccept my health and safe being put at riskhalfull wrote:the union will do nothing to combat how hard delivery is now,
if this is a chosen long term career now,you had better accept a future with hip/knee replacements in your 40/50's. I already have.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The mileage we walk.
-
gand
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
no offence but you had better look for a new job then. This job is only going to get tougher & tougher as cost saving is the only thing that matters in a privately owned company.gand wrote:Well I won't just roll over and eccept my health and safe being put at riskhalfull wrote:the union will do nothing to combat how hard delivery is now,
if this is a chosen long term career now,you had better accept a future with hip/knee replacements in your 40/50's. I already have.
I fear in the future we will have no finish time just a workload for the day that will have to be completed.
The union is getting more & more watered down year on year as senior posties take the money either vr or ill health plus the natural retirement senior posties. The people who understand what we have fought for over decades are all leaving one by one & being replaced by 20 hour staff who cannot afford to strike let alone have time to understand what the reasons would be.
Most of the new starters cannot even afford union subs,they must be barely scraping by.
It may not be obvious to many yet but these things take time & by the time the union realize whats happened it will be to late, & then we will have very little say.
The union should not be allowing any less than 32 hour staff to join, like for like as the last agreement says! What ever happened to 75/25 split fulltime to partime? I hate to say it but our union is lying down & allowing our futures in royal mail to be very dark indeed. They roll over everytime.
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
A responsible company would use private health benefits for its staff to help offset this sort of thing. Unfortunately RM simply does not care about its staff, they can always get someone who will replace the worn out "units". They get away with not even supplying basic H&S protection of sunblock in the summer. Even my local bin men get that, and they are run by a foreign low paying company.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: The mileage we walk.
going off subject, but surely our union bosses know that their days are numbered too, i'd estimate £2500 per year in subs lost in our d/o this year alone, going to get a lot worse too.halfull wrote:no offence but you had better look for a new job then. This job is only going to get tougher & tougher as cost saving is the only thing that matters in a privately owned company.gand wrote:Well I won't just roll over and eccept my health and safe being put at riskhalfull wrote:the union will do nothing to combat how hard delivery is now,
if this is a chosen long term career now,you had better accept a future with hip/knee replacements in your 40/50's. I already have.
I fear in the future we will have no finish time just a workload for the day that will have to be completed.
The union is getting more & more watered down year on year as senior posties take the money either vr or ill health plus the natural retirement senior posties. The people who understand what we have fought for over decades are all leaving one by one & being replaced by 20 hour staff who cannot afford to strike let alone have time to understand what the reasons would be.
Most of the new starters cannot even afford union subs,they must be barely scraping by.
It may not be obvious to many yet but these things take time & by the time the union realize whats happened it will be to late, & then we will have very little say.
The union should not be allowing any less than 32 hour staff to join, like for like as the last agreement says! What ever happened to 75/25 split fulltime to partime? I hate to say it but our union is lying down & allowing our futures in royal mail to be very dark indeed. They roll over everytime.
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
I have been measuring walks for about five years I have tested my pedometer against my cars milometerCreditshampoo wrote:14 miles a day is a lie.
With overtime and I mean one long ass shift from leaving my door at 6am to getting home at 7pm I do 30km which is 18 miles.
the pedometer actualy measures slightly under if anything .My current walk is up to 14 miles with flex I was on about 8 and a half miles but I was moved I thought the old walk was big .I have done most if not all of the walks and they all vary from about 5 miles to mine at 14 so I dont think this is a lie.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: The mileage we walk.
To simply walk 14 miles would take you the best part of 4 hours.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
gand
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
I agree GPS is total bullocks let use something way more accurate to to map walks like geo route :-)
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
You are so right, how can you put forward an argument if you don't have the facts.motherhubbard wrote:To simply walk 14 miles would take you the best part of 4 hours.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
I mapped my duty on walkjogrun.net - I did it as the crow flies, drawing lines that went straight up and down roads and not taking into account walking up and down garden paths. It came out at 9 miles. A mere trifle I suppose, compared to 'romping' bare breasted and cross country in the Falklands islands with big burly men of a similar bent...Gilly856 wrote:You are so right, how can you put forward an argument if you don't have the facts.motherhubbard wrote:To simply walk 14 miles would take you the best part of 4 hours.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
You are quite clearly a fool, no wonder posture like you get the run a round, you could lie in till ten and still pull the wool over your eyes.Nondescript wrote:I mapped my duty on walkjogrun.net - I did it as the crow flies, drawing lines that went straight up and down roads and not taking into account walking up and down garden paths. It came out at 9 miles. A mere trifle I suppose, compared to 'romping' bare breasted and cross country in the Falklands islands with big burly men of a similar bent...Gilly856 wrote:You are so right, how can you put forward an argument if you don't have the facts.motherhubbard wrote:To simply walk 14 miles would take you the best part of 4 hours.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
Indeed. So when people claim that their walks are 20+miles long, are slightly exaggerating. But of course, when I were a lad I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed,, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill (DO?), and pay mill owner (DOM?) for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."motherhubbard wrote:To simply walk 14 miles would take you the best part of 4 hours.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
Well, I'm almost 38, and I'm waiting on a knee arthroscopy.halfull wrote:the union will do nothing to combat how hard delivery is now,
if this is a chosen long term career now,you had better accept a future with hip/knee replacements in your 40/50's. I already have.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: The mileage we walk.
Gilly856 wrote:You are quite clearly a fool, no wonder posture like you get the run a round, you could lie in till ten and still pull the wool over your eyes.Nondescript wrote:I mapped my duty on walkjogrun.net - I did it as the crow flies, drawing lines that went straight up and down roads and not taking into account walking up and down garden paths. It came out at 9 miles. A mere trifle I suppose, compared to 'romping' bare breasted and cross country in the Falklands islands with big burly men of a similar bent...Gilly856 wrote:You are so right, how can you put forward an argument if you don't have the facts.motherhubbard wrote:To simply walk 14 miles would take you the best part of 4 hours.
I know I have posted this before and for the life of me I don't know why I am bothering again, but you lot really need to put your pedometers and your gps tracking apps in the dustbin because your outputs are pure and unadulterated rubbish.
And you are quite clearly in need of a dictionary, proper syntax, moron-proof predictive text, and a cogent argument that doesn't involve harking back to the (imaginary?) days when you hefted HMS Invincible over your shoulder and carried it to the Falkland Islands.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: The mileage we walk.
Gilly856 wrote: You are quite clearly a fool, no wonder posture like you get the run a round, you could lie in till ten and still pull the wool over your eyes.
You quite clearly need reminding of the rules: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please remember everyone is welcome on this site. Customers, CWU Officers, Royal Mail Managers, all Royal Mail employees, the General Public, the press,and even MPs, so please do not resort to abuse if people of a different political persuasion or viewpoint to you, post on a thread.
If someone has a different position to you please respect their right to have differing views, and enjoy yourself when picking holes in their position in a constructive way. We would much rather have a long winded well thought out argument, picking out weak points in someone's position, than have a thread full of 1 line insults.
Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.