ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ziggy
Posts: 114
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male
Location: Back o Beyond

Re: Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Post by ziggy »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Thanks for your replies. I have come to some sort of compromise whereby my partner who I share a van with will come and pick me up and take me to the supermarket mid-morning. I can't go 5 hours without a wee! Today I felt like I shouldn't be drinking my water as it would be deemed to be not helping myself :oops: .
Do you not meet up with your partner after each loop? You drink as much as you need to and and your parter drives you to the loo when YOU need to go.
Ziggy
mudmonster
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Post by mudmonster »

It will be the first time I have heard about RM identifying where you can go,Yes it should be built into the duties 318s but like everything else in this company its just overlooked and hoped that the opgs will find a" convenient" place to go :oops: :oops:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

korky wrote:
Izzy wrote:The only solution is to drink less. I have milky porridge and coffee for breakfast and then no liquid until I finish my walk or on a hot day I have some water in the last hour or two of my walk.
pretty sure everyone is different when it come to re-hydration
i drink a minimum of 1.5 litres on whilst out on duty regardless of weather, i also have bran/porridge/weetabix before work too,
toilets ? non on any of my loops but 1 open mon-fri on our 2nd loop another later on but hit & miss (more miss) if its open,
i just utilities the empty screen wash bottle :left:
Yes, everyone is different when it come to re-hydration.
Without more water than most drink I will get light headed and possibly unsafe to drive. :shock:
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Re: Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

ziggy wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:Thanks for your replies. I have come to some sort of compromise whereby my partner who I share a van with will come and pick me up and take me to the supermarket mid-morning. I can't go 5 hours without a wee! Today I felt like I shouldn't be drinking my water as it would be deemed to be not helping myself :oops: .
Do you not meet up with your partner after each loop? You drink as much as you need to and and your parter drives you to the loo when YOU need to go.
I have been so far ziggy but from next week, he's dropping me off with a trolley. I'll do my my round, he'll do his and we'll meet up to drive back to the DO.

One good thing today was I was chatting to a really nice couple on my round and the lady said I could always pop in for a glass of water and I was welcome to use the loo. I would be quite happy with that as it's very different to knocking on someone's door and asking.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Post by TeeferTiger »

My first duty (the biggest in the office I might add <ahem>) had one toilet allocated for use on it. It was at a pub that was at the start of my round and wasn't open by the time I was almost finished and at the other end of my round. Another duty I used to cover had someone's outside loo down as an allocated toilet but if only you'd seen it :shock: :Sick

I actually used to hate going out on delivery when it was that time of the month as I was worried about, erm, women's things...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
super-postie
Posts: 94
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
Gender: Male

Re: Loo Breaks for Postwomen?

Post by super-postie »

I fully understand re. loo breaks. Ive an irritable bladder an wee more than average. Have to pick out walk in order to give more opportunities to pass public loo. However, still get caught short and have to dive behind a bush now and the. Just waiting to get caught from a customer and dragged into managers office. Have documented medical condition so look forward to that conversation.