again even there it does not state that the 30 minute must be taken in one go, if you believe it does please paste the exact wording which states it must be in one 30 minute blockbogstandard wrote:p22 section 5 under the heading Meal Breakszx135 wrote:bogstandard wrote:your office is in breach of the way forward agreement which enhances and improves legal break times for p/t employees so if your rep or manager gets challenged on this expect them to lose. Yes they are entitled to 30 mins but this must be planned to be taken in one go. They may choose to split it but it would be unfair to impose this or pressure them into this format.postiewhite wrote:We have CLEAR rules in our office. Part time get 30 mins which is split 15 minsX2, firstly on a morning during or after the full timers take their break (upto you) and the other 15 when we finish which is knocked off the finishing time. There is ZERO confusion regarding breaks in our office. Now ive worked in other offices where the part time hours start times are later and have started work at 9oclock to be told I have to go on a break immediately at 9oclock which is stupid.
actual no where in the way forward agreement does it state that the 30 minute break should be taken in one go,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
Do we all need to be so pedantic, this is a discussion forum no one is right no one is wrong, its an exchange of views, hopefully friendly. Snotty posts do not promote comradeship.
For ease I'll post what it says:
so for the sake of 1 word State or Suggest - we get the above
For ease I'll post what it says:
so for the sake of 1 word State or Suggest - we get the above
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
No, you're quite right it doesn't say it must in one go and nor does it say it can be broken into two, i am just led to believe this as the illustration shows it has no probable breakdown. Personally my view is that 15 mins is not a meaningful break. As previously posted the choice should be for the individual to make.zx135 wrote:again even there it does not state that the 30 minute must be taken in one go, if you believe it does please paste the exact wording which states it must be in one 30 minute blockbogstandard wrote:p22 section 5 under the heading Meal Breakszx135 wrote:bogstandard wrote:your office is in breach of the way forward agreement which enhances and improves legal break times for p/t employees so if your rep or manager gets challenged on this expect them to lose. Yes they are entitled to 30 mins but this must be planned to be taken in one go. They may choose to split it but it would be unfair to impose this or pressure them into this format.postiewhite wrote:We have CLEAR rules in our office. Part time get 30 mins which is split 15 minsX2, firstly on a morning during or after the full timers take their break (upto you) and the other 15 when we finish which is knocked off the finishing time. There is ZERO confusion regarding breaks in our office. Now ive worked in other offices where the part time hours start times are later and have started work at 9oclock to be told I have to go on a break immediately at 9oclock which is stupid.
actual no where in the way forward agreement does it state that the 30 minute break should be taken in one go,
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
messenger012013256
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
Breaks are a myth for me. I am a part timer and I get put with random full timers. Most of the people I work with do not take breaks. I would love to take the break I am entitled to, especially as most of the time we run over and have to claim overtime whether we take a break or not. But the last time I asked my partner if I could have 5 mins to eat a sandwich he hit the roof. What am I supposed to do if I have to keep up with a bloke who wants to do his 9 hour shift with no break to try and finish on time?
-
franco1
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 25 Jun 2015, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
Hope you took your break anyway.Breaks are a myth for me. I am a part timer and I get put with random full timers. Most of the people I work with do not take breaks. I would love to take the break I am entitled to, especially as most of the time we run over and have to claim overtime whether we take a break or not. But the last time I asked my partner if I could have 5 mins to eat a sandwich he hit the roof. What am I supposed to do if I have to keep up with a bloke who wants to do his 9 hour shift with no break to try and finish on time?
Next time dont even tell him just sit in van take your "FULL BREAK" and ignore him, then laugh and ask to speak with union rep if he tries to complain to Dom.
Actually you should take your break and enjoy watching him fume or better still smile as he keeps working, relax, put radio on and smile knowing that hes a complete moron.
-
camelelf
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 17 Oct 2015, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
Part timer for a month now. Never had a single break and been with four different partners so far. However if we've gone over they've all told me to add the break time onto the overtime we've already done.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
very unhygienic taking breaks in the van, and probably against h&s regs toofranco1 wrote:Hope you took your break anyway.Breaks are a myth for me. I am a part timer and I get put with random full timers. Most of the people I work with do not take breaks. I would love to take the break I am entitled to, especially as most of the time we run over and have to claim overtime whether we take a break or not. But the last time I asked my partner if I could have 5 mins to eat a sandwich he hit the roof. What am I supposed to do if I have to keep up with a bloke who wants to do his 9 hour shift with no break to try and finish on time?
Next time dont even tell him just sit in van take your "FULL BREAK" and ignore him, then laugh and ask to speak with union rep if he tries to complain to Dom.
Actually you should take your break and enjoy watching him fume or better still smile as he keeps working, relax, put radio on and smile knowing that hes a complete moron.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Part-timers and their 10 minute break in the morning
Don't think that they were talking about toilet breaks lol.......but the state of some of the vans, I see where you're coming from!korky wrote:very unhygienic taking breaks in the van, and probably against h&s regs toofranco1 wrote:Hope you took your break anyway.Breaks are a myth for me. I am a part timer and I get put with random full timers. Most of the people I work with do not take breaks. I would love to take the break I am entitled to, especially as most of the time we run over and have to claim overtime whether we take a break or not. But the last time I asked my partner if I could have 5 mins to eat a sandwich he hit the roof. What am I supposed to do if I have to keep up with a bloke who wants to do his 9 hour shift with no break to try and finish on time?
Next time dont even tell him just sit in van take your "FULL BREAK" and ignore him, then laugh and ask to speak with union rep if he tries to complain to Dom.
Actually you should take your break and enjoy watching him fume or better still smile as he keeps working, relax, put radio on and smile knowing that hes a complete moron.