ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
I don't need to remember how many days holiday I've already had. I asked my dom I input the date I'm leaving onto the system and see if I have had too much holiday or if I have any days left. He done that and said I'm owed 3 days so I'm taking my last 3 days annual leave before I leave. Everything else I've had before that is irrelevant why can't you get that. Everyone knows when you leave Royal Mail if you leave in the middle of the year and have taken too much holiday you have to pay it back but it works both ways, if you haven't had enough holiday then Royal Mail pay you as well. So whether I've had 5 or 10 days up until now doesn't matter because everyone involved has worked it out. Everyone on this thread is trying to explain that to you but you're just not getting it. The lights are on but there's nobody home.
-
alliasjay
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
Tbh RM would probably try not pay you that day in lieu. Just intend and argue that you should be paid it and they might just put it through. Maybe the notice could have been given a week later, wonder if it would have made any difference. Not sure how it is in other offices but with bank holidays In our office we're asked if we want it paid or just added to our holiday entitlement a week later or so.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOWarnold cheshire wrote:so you should know how many days you have taken ?coxie wrote:We already sat down on the computer system and worked out I haven't had too much holiday so will owe them nothing.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
You are ignoring any leave that may have been carried over. Again You DON'T NEED TO KNOWarnold cheshire wrote:thick or what you can only take so much leave if you are resigningWednesday wrote:Scenario 1 he has taken 15 days holiday and has 3 left.Scenario2 he has taken 20 days holiday and has 3 left.Scenario 3 he has taken 25 days holiday and has 3 left.Which scenario says he has not got 3 days holiday left?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
YOU CANNOT REPORT SOMEBODY FOR LOW LEVEL ABUSE THEN REPEAT IT NOT ONCE BUT TWICE. You are subject to the rules as well.arnold cheshire wrote:i think you are thick wednesdayWednesday wrote:You have just called me thick, yet when I called you an idiot (which I think you are)you reported me for abuse.I will not be posting on this topic anymore,just keep digging.I hope we can have some friendly banter on another topic sometime soon!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
arnold cheshire wrote:its a bit like those who hand their notice in on apr10 and think wages will pay them their holiday pay![]()
![]()
![]()
No its not he checked - despite you continually asking how much leave he had taken/left - you don't need to know.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Stella102
- Posts: 597
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
just hand notice in and go ill with stress.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
Lol I was waiting for TBT to bite, I knew he was reading and was getting as frustrated as me.
Can't go sick, need a reference. Plus I've only got one more day to actually work.
Can't go sick, need a reference. Plus I've only got one more day to actually work.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
coxie wrote:Lol I was waiting for TBT to bite, I knew he was reading and was getting as frustrated as me.
Sometime I think people post stuff without thinking it through first.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:coxie wrote:Lol I was waiting for TBT to bite, I knew he was reading and was getting as frustrated as me.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sometime I think people post stuff without thinking it hrough first.