ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Coxie, hopefully the good cop will be along to ask questions as well. :crazy: :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

how can someone answer if all info isnt given ?
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by coxie »

Because what you are asking mate is irrelevant. My outstanding annual leave days are all sorted. It doesn't matter how many days I've had up until now because it's all been worked out I owe Royal Mail nothing and they owe me 3 days. All I'm asking about is my last day will be bank holiday Monday do I still get the same usual entitlements. Your question is about as much use as asking me what I had for breakfast yesterday.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by Pinky 1 »

TBT, pass the popcorn mate, this could go on all weekend :crazy:

:chuckle :chuckle
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

coxie wrote:Because what you are asking mate is irrelevant. My outstanding annual leave days are all sorted. It doesn't matter how many days I've had up until now because it's all been worked out I owe Royal Mail nothing and they owe me 3 days. All I'm asking about is my last day will be bank holiday Monday do I still get the same usual entitlements. Your question is about as much use as asking me what I had for breakfast yesterday.
how is it irrelavant?
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by coxie »

Wednesday wrote:Mr Cheshire are you on the wind up or five feet four inches of pure idiot?
Thank god someone else can see it too, I was beginning to think it's me and I was missing the point.

Cheshire read my original question and explain to me how your question of how much annual leave I have had is relevant after I've already told you I've got 3 days outstanding before my leaving date. Let's just say I've had 10 days, what difference does it make to my question?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Congratulations on getting out alive Coxie :Applause TBH I wouldn't really give a damn at this stage. I can understand you wanting to stick two fingers up at your DOM, and making things as awkward for him as possible, but I think you're going to have to leave it to the pay office. I'm sure they've got their computerised systems to work things out! :hmmmm

I was recently listening to a programme on the radio discussing how people left the business they were in. The one I liked was the women who gave no notice just put her diary in her bag on Friday evening and didn't go back! Comforted herself that no one had a clue about any appointments coming up. :Very Happy Not sure how that would work with RM. I always thought that the main advantage of giving notice was that any leave pay (and outstanding overtime) would be included in that last wage packet...instead of having to wait until they worked it out and then sent it on later. Knowing RM I suppose we'd lose that final weeks wages! :hmmmm
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

Wednesday wrote:Mr Cheshire are you on the wind up or five feet four inches of pure idiot?
ok wednesday a bloke in our office took 12 days leave and left on 11 may dom wasnt bothered he took too much leave i bet hes paying it back you sound soft wednesday
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

Wednesday wrote:Mr Cheshire are you on the wind up or five feet four inches of pure idiot?
ok wednesday a bloke in our office took 12 days leave and left on 11 may dom wasnt bothered he took too much leave i bet hes paying it back you sound soft wednesday
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

Wednesday wrote:Mr Cheshire are you on the wind up or five feet four inches of pure idiot?
can you please explain wednesday ?
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by Wednesday »

There are JCB drivers who would be proud of the hole you are digging.If he had taken ten days or twenty days what would be the difference if he had three days left?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

Wednesday wrote:There are JCB drivers who would be proud of the hole you are digging.If he had taken ten days or twenty days what would be the difference if he had three days left?
you can only take pro rota days if your leaving you can not take 6 weeks in apr and may then leave
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by Wednesday »

Coxie I feel your pain!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by arnold cheshire »

Wednesday wrote:There are JCB drivers who would be proud of the hole you are digging.If he had taken ten days or twenty days what would be the difference if he had three days left?
did you read the post 20 year plus posties only earn 2.5 days a month if you leave early ?
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.

Post by Wednesday »

Yes I did but if he has three days left this is allowed for.