http://aberdeen.stv.tv/articles/1327100 ... e-holiday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An Aberdeen MP has criticised what he claimed was the Royal Mail's decision to stop their workers from observing the city's autumn holiday in September.
Callum McCaig, the SNP MP for Aberdeen South, said he disagreed with the change.
However, the Royal Mail has told STV that staff were balloted on the issue and voted overwhelmingly for the August date.

Mr McCaig said: “Aberdeen has a long tradition of its own holidays, be it the Trades Fortnight or our own Autumn Holiday.
"Aberdeen’s traditions are part of what it means to be an Aberdonian and it is important that our cultural and traditional heritage are protected.
"I have written to the Royal Mail to ask them to reconsider this move and I have contacted the representatives of local posties to reassure them that I will fight for any postie who wants to observe our Holiday."
However, the Royal Mail issued a swift rebuttal.
A spokeswoman said: "We ballot our employees about changes to Bank Holiday arrangements before taking any decision.
"In this case, the vast majority of our staff in the AB postcode area voted in favour of taking the August Bank Holiday."